yellow impatiens

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

About 3 or 4 years ago, someone sent me 4 seeds of the yellow impatiens and I got 1 to germinate. It was kinda puny the first year so I put it in the green house for the winter. The second year it grew large and bloomed all season so I took 3 cuttings and they did likewise the following spring. So I took a few cuttings again and put the momma and her 3 babies in the greenhouse where they all promptly died. I think I drowned them. I don't know if the cuttings are going to make it or not.
I need some back-up seeds badly.
I have: rose campion, peony poppy, french marigolds (orange and red single) and another french marigold, "Jarue Primrose, which is a double yellow. Also Anise Hyssop (Agastache), Hollyhock, Cardinal Flower, Hyacinth bean (vine), and Blanket flower "goblin." Trade or postage will work for me. But I'm desperate!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Funnyfarmherbs lists yellow in there have list. You could dmail them.

Thanks so much

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

You R welcome

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Check out Summerhill seeds. They have some listed called "Jungle Gold" http://summerhillseeds.com/impatiens-jungle-gold-p-95.html

Wow! you always get help here at DG. I just resubscribed today. Thanks, momcat.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Help?....it's more like Mutual Enabling....LOL

Peggy

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I like that mutual enabling !! Do you visit the seed addicts thread?
Robin

lol, seed addicts thread. Well I have been enabled to sprout some of the seed I buy or receive here at DG where before a struggled and had little luck.
I have a few others I might this spring if I can find shade plants I think will grow here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.