8 Sept 2001

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, Horseshoe, you made me shudder and totally creaped me out! I can play with snakes and spiders and rats and all manor of slimy, creapy crawlies - but the thought of the dentist just terrifies me! Now, my DS has a special pediatric dentist, and they take extra time, do deep breathing excersizes, use all the latest drugs, have headsets with music - and - you get a sticker and a little toy when you're done. I'm convinced that if a dentist for adults did these things, they'd make a fortune. My DH does not go to dentists - but he has asked a few times if my DS's dentist would consider working on adults! Have strength, all of you dentist bound folks - you can do it! You will survive! (Easy to say - *I'm* not going. Ever again, if I can help it! Especially after 'Shoe's description!)

I know fall is here because it's 10:00 a.m. PDT and it's still below 100*! And we closed the windows last night before going to bed. That means roses will be starting to bloom again (and not get crispy fried). Cows are getting heavier as the mild mid-november calving dates near. Can't really tell by just driving by, but knowing it's happening, knowing I'll soon be seeing little calves frolicking in the november sunshine - makes a girl's heart thrill. (Yes, I know, *most* places calve in the spring... what can I say, CA is a strange place...) Still too hot to be planting fall and winter crops, but the tractors have drawn pretty furrows through the fields, so the planting time can't be too far away. I love the rhythm of the seasons.

Have a great day, everyone.

Many blessings to you & yours - especially for you dentsit bound!

Karla

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!