Guess what's hanging in my garden !

Indian Harbour Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I posted this in the Florida forum, but thought you'd like to see what I found and where it's hanging.
When I was walking my dog last week, I found a chandelier that someone had thrown out... I often wonder what treasures are being thrown out now that we have these huge bins on wheels.
I suspect the owner was a heavy smoker as it was covered in yellow, sticky muck. My fiance couldn't believe what I came home with... I assured him that it would be OK. Removed all the electrical wiring, took it apart and scrubbed/cleaned it up. I sprayed painted it black, salvaging the glass shades (think I'd like to find plastic ones eventually because of the winds we sometimes get here off the ocean). I plan on using the little battery operated tea lights inside the shades. It should look nice - haven't tried them yet. I also have some crystal pieces I saved from an old chandelier many years ago. I'm wondering if the fixture might look a little more opulent with a crystal hanging from each chandelier arm...I think I'll try it and see.

Thumbnail by orchid923
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!