CP Soap in Silicone Molds

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I would love to be able to make cold process soaps using the cute little silicone cupcake pans from Wilton, but I always end up with slightly gooey soaps when I unmold.

I have tried using a majority of solid oils and what not, but I still end up slightly gooey. They dry and cure just fine, but I'd like them to come out firm, smooth and solid if possible.

I thought maybe it was a matter of keeping the heat in the soaps until they went through the gel stage, so I put the silicone pan in a cardboard box surrounded by towels and covered by a towel. I then closed the lids on the box and I still had the same result.

Does anyone out there use silicone pans for their cold process soaps? If you use them successfully, can you share you secret? :-)

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!