Hearing Aid

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, the time is fast approaching. My hearing is getting really, really bad. I have that dreaded tinnitus plus hearing loss plus a 5 time ruptured left ear drum. People aren't writing me notes yet but they have to tap me on the shoulder and make sure I can see them when they talk to me. I don't hear anybody approaching on my left side. The TV blasts everbody out of the room. It's actually kinda funny. I can't hear hardly anything out of my left ear. My husband can't hear anything out of his right ear. When he's driving and I'm riding as a passenger we have to shout at each other in the car!!! It's really funny. So anyway. I've put this off way longer than I should have because I don't want to spend a ton of money for something that won't help. From my friends I hear that only digitals are any good and even those have their problems. The ear doctor and family doctor don't really give you anything to go on. Just hand you a referral to an audiologist. I want some info before I go and get sold something expensive that I wind up leaving in the jewelry box. Any advice?

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!