CLOSED: Flowering Dogwood

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Flowering Dogwood or 'Cornus florida'

It can grow 20-40' tall. Cornus florida is hardy from zone 5-9 and some to zone 4. Flowering Dogwood has a medium rate of growth. Leaf shape is typical dogwood, an attractive and different look in the northern landscape. The bark is attractive with the square and rectangle block pattern. Leaves are dark green in summer and a reliable red in fall. The white flowers emerge in April or May on the Flowering Dogwood and are 3-4" across. Flowering Dogwood berries are about 1/2" in diameter in a cluster and birds love em. Cornus florida is somewhat more disease prone than other dogwood with a few fungus and leaf spot. Flowering Dogwood is one of the finest native flowering trees and is a good specimen tree.
I am open to trades or SASBE. I can provide the Envelope and stamps if you would prefer to just send the cost through PayPal. If you would like to make an international trade or postage please contact me and we can work something out. If you do not participate in the address exchange, then please let me know and I will send you my address.

I have a large fresh quantity of these seeds at the moment, and would love to share them.

Philippe

Thumbnail by theplantguys
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Philippe,
I would love some seeds!Is your address in the exchange?If not dmail me and I'll send SASE.
Synda

Thumbnail by synda
Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Hello Synda, yes my address is in the exchange. Let me know if you need anything else.

Philippe

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

If you want I can pay you thru paypal.

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

I am open to anything...your choice.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

paypal would be good ,don't know when I'll get to town with this silly weather.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

just dmail you paypal address

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I would love some will you post or dmail your paypal address and the amount!!
Thank You

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

arejay59....demail sent. Thanks

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Bump

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Any more takers???

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

You guys are great something new everytime I look in.
Robin

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Well thanks...its only me though...the name was for me and my dad. We always gardened together and he just recently passed away. I appreciate it though. Have a great day

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

My condolences, I recently lost someone very close also, garden isn't the same with out them but it does make me feel closer to her as I plant ,trade and weed.
Robin

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Anyone else interested?

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Philippe,
Received the seeds today,some where smashed out of the red berry,will that hurt them.And how do I get them started?
Thank you so much,
Synda

Thumbnail by synda
Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Synda...that should not be a problem for them. I have read that most people remove the red tuft anyway. I usually don't myself and they seem to germinate fine. Here is a link that might answer your questions. Let me know if you have any other ones. Thanks

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

The link didn't show up?

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

theplantguys,
you have dmail

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Synda...hera ya go. Sorry!

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Seeding-Propagation-733/DOGWOOD-TREES.htm

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.