Solar Powered Ventilation

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Check it out. This is what every greenhouse needs!! Got mine on order. Just need sunshine
http://www.wsetech.com/sunvent-fan.php

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

Looks interesting, but I'm wondering, can it be hooked-up to a temperature control? In winter I wouldn't want the fan to continue sucking in freezing air after the greenhouse had cooled down.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That model doesn't have an on/off, so it will only work when the sun is shining. The supplier is checking for a model with the option of a on/off switch.

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

Thanks, JB.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Got a message back today. The fan is available in both models. One that the panel charges a battery & stores the power with a on/off switch and the other model simply run when the sun is shining. $20 difference in price.

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

Great! I'll have to run this information past my DH, who would be the one actually doing the installation (he's the practical one, I just supervise).

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Interesting - I couldn't use it as a sole unit (it would take 9.4 of them, according to their suggestion, to fully ventilate my gh) but it would be a great addition. I wonder what the shipping charges to the US would be....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.