Anyone seen EBay's new policy re:PayPal??

Tiffin, OH(Zone 6a)

Just had an unfortunate experience on EBay related to their newest policy change!
Apparently EBay is tweaking the process so buyers are strongly pushed to use PayPal to pay for their auction buys. When setting up an ad the options for paying by personal check or M.O. are not visible and must be specifically requested by the buyer thus routing the majority of buyers to using PayPal-an EBay owned company!! The sellers seem really upset by this judging from their discussion boards and a lot of buyers won't use any payment process which requires them to put their financial info online.
Our issue arose because, even though we have had a PayPal account for years my husband prefers to use M.O.- when he tried to complete his purchase of an auction he had won he had so many problems he tried to "start over" but EBay recorded his attempt as a second purchase (the seller had several of the same items in the same listing) Fortunately the seller was understanding, cancelled the second purchase and agreed to let him mail a MO for the item, but what a pain in the rear!!!
I just checked the classified ad forum here as an alternative but it doesn't seem very "busy". I know there are a bunch of other auction sites online but volume-wise they really pale compared to EBay.
We do way more buying than selling on EBay (waaayy more!!) but I'm very interested in any feedback from Dave's folks about this situation.
Thanks, MW

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!