Sony Stereo problems

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

I have a Sony stereo that holds 60 cds. It will spin around and pick up a CD, then put it back in the carousel and move to another cd. It just keeps doing that without ever playing. It's like it's looking for something and can't find it. I've hit the reset button to clear any programming, but it continues to act this way. I've taken all the discs out and left one in the #1 spot and selected #1 to play, but it still keeps picking up the disc and putting it back and then spinning. I unplugged it thinking it would get it's ducks in a row, but that didn't do it. Every other feature on the stereo works. Is there some electronic eye that's not working so it doesn't recognize a disc? It's pretty useless to me if I can't play music from a CD. Had to dig out some old cassettes in order to play music.

Any suggestions as to what the heck is going on?

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!