my wayward child or what did I do wrong?

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

We have 5 grown kids as many of you know. Really nice, decent kids but really have great senses of humor. They aren't boisterous but they can make the most mundane happening hilarious. Case in point: our youngest got his first job after graduating from college. His degree was in law enforcement and his first job was as a patrolman in a car. He made a few stops and gave out a few tickets that first week. One day, a driver came swerving around him going down the street and John took after him and stopped him intent on talking to him and probably giving him a ticket. He stops, gets out of the car and saunters over to to the speeder, asks to see his ID and is perusing it when out of the corner of his eye he notices that his patrol car was slowly moving toward a deep ditch. He quickly hands the ID back to the offender, tells him he's letting him off w/a verbal warning then takes off to rescue his car. He won the battle of the car. That was some 21 or so years ago and he still gets teased by his siblings about that. And he still laughs about it, too.
Just today we got an email from our youngest daughter. She's 45 and had her degrees for 20 some-oddyears. She's truly a smart girl have two BS degrees - one in Math and the other in Computer Science. She was telling us the other day that her desktop atomic clock also had the outside temperature on it and when we asked where the gizmo that records that temp was placed outside she replied that there wasn't one of those. Lots of questions by us and she insisted she was right. Fine. We let it drop. In the email we got today she says that when she got to work today she slipped on the glasses she uses for reading and looked at that temperature feature on the clock. Uh Oh..... she finds out that the number she was reading was for the week of the year and today showed that this is the 50th week of the year but is not 50 deg. outside. I'm glad they can laugh at themselves.

Ann

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!