Wedding Cake Card Box

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I made this for my brother and sister-in-laws wedding reception.I took 3 hat boxes all different sizes.Painted them all white,glued the lids on and cut out the bottom out of the small and medium box leaving about 1 1/2 in ridge around the edges.Glued all the boxes together to look like a wedding cake.I cut a slit in the top box (the smallest one) large enough for a fairly large card to slip through it.Then decorated the "cake" as you would a wedding cake.

After the reception all the bride and groom need to do is cut the bottom out to retrieve the gift cards.With a card box like this there is no chance of any cards getting lost or God forbid stolen.

This is how I decorated mine use your imagination and create your own masterpiece.I used beaded necklaces,ribbon,dried flowers,silk flowers,craft glue,glue gun,white spray paint,white craft paint and love.

I had priced premade ones and they where $100 and up.

Thumbnail by synda
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!