Trading eggs? er plants, seed etc for hatcher eggs?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hmmm... (glad to see you posting again InnBetween!!)

Here are some of my reasons.

1. No fire ants
2. No hurricanes
3. Summer is hot, but not intolerably hot, never really gets above 90 for long at a time
4. I love having real seasons, and I like snow - I wish it was just for a month though
5. too far from my parents in Canada, I'm already far enough!
6. Did I mention no fire ants?
7. very few poisonous snakes
8. ability to have snowball fights
9. ability to grow fruit trees that have a long chill requirement
10. Oh yeah, no fire ants.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Hurricanes get rid of fire ants. We have not had any sense the hurricane before last. I think they drowned . LOL

(Zone 7b)

Fire Ants are the scourge of the earth I HATE THEM!!!! I fight these painful,mean, not fit to be on this earth things all summer. They never seem to go away and i've tried everything!!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

InBetween, here ya go, our old hound nursing a kitten! The black spot is one of her kits! She was a good old girl, lived to be about 14! Loved her kits! The pics a it old, but you get the idea! SHe was half blue heeler and half aussie shepherd

Hmmm.. lower Alabama, send real estate catalogs....! Fireants vs corruption.. no brainer!! LOL!

Fireants vs snow, no brainer...send real estate catalog!

Huricanes vs Chicago hot air.. no brainer...send real estate catalog. Hurry, its windy and snowy here.

About that thing in Canada, hmmm send real estate catalog, parents don't visit us, too much snow there too.

About that poisonous snake thing....hmmmm, corruption vs snakes....(Ima thinking, Ima a thinking....!.....)

Just don't let the cat out of the bag or LA will be come over crouded...!! LOL!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

It’s a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.
I live in upstate NY. I wouldn’t leave for anything. My sister lives in Alabama.
She misses it here terribly. I love the snow. (I am with Claire a month would be nice)
I love the change of seasons. Driving through the Adirondacks to see the fall foliage at peek rocks. Apple picking in the fall. Summers that do not require living in air-conditioning. Every area has benefits to weigh. Fire ants...yuck! No thanks. I will wear sweaters. hehehe

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Alabama vs New York....Alabama, send real estate catalogs..the fireants, heat and hurricanes are winning!

Florida vs Alabama....Alabama, your fireants vs gators are winning.

Georgia vs Alabama - tie...both you guys can send me catalogs!

Iowa vs Alabama...Iowa, nice place to visit, but Alabama got you beat there on the winters....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah, we also have a better State Fair in Iowa. :-)

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

NY too... NY state fair...you go Claire! Snow isnt that bad!!!
I would rather fall into a snow bank than on a fire ant hill. hehehe

This message was edited Jan 26, 2009 9:51 PM

Clarkson, KY

The heat and humidity's what I can't take!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I am not a luver of all that is hot and sticky either. It really never gets above 90 here either. If it does it never lasts.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah! Snowbank fall - mildly chilly.

Fire Ant hill fall - bites all over body and possible hospitalization.

Hmmmmm.... eeny meeny....nope, don't even have to do it! I vote snow!

Let's see why I live in the Florida.

1 No snow
2 No ice
3 Can swim almost all year around
4 Beautful beaches
5 Lots of lakes
6 Flowers almost all year around
7 Did I mention no ice or snow
8 I was born here and so was both parents and 1 Grandmother

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

But where do you pick apples?

Clarkson, KY

Wal-Mart. But she may pick her oranges outside...sigh... I just want it all...

Ah but we can pick peaches, oranges, and P----ns!!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

oH OH!!

Kentucky vs Alabama.....the horsepark wins! Send real estate catalogs!!! Need 25 acres!

We have race tracks down here in Florida! Lots of land in horse country.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Theres a winner!! I can have some citris trees outside in the summer but have to bring them in winter long. ;)

Only if you Bonsai them. Do you know how large a citrus tree gets and they have thorns.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Me too. Fresh Iowa lemons - nothin' like it!

I have a variegated lemon, a regular lemon, a Trovita orange, a kumquat, a limequat, a Bearss lime, and a Meyer lemon.

Yum!

Clarkson, KY

I'm still waiting on the sunroom to get those. DRAT! Avocado?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

KY vs FL - horsepark wins, no gators! LOL!

Ferndale, WA

Wren 107: Sorry! Just had to jump in for a minute. You mentioned swimming all year long. I lived in Jacksonville for a year, and from what I remember with all the torential rainfalls, you had to swim all year long!!! I lived in a little suburb of Jacksonville, called whitehouse. Do you know where it is? Almost on the Georgia border. I hated it down there, nothing personal but the only thing I liked about it was the squirrel hunting. One year was enough. Sorry!! I have lived all over the united states. Washington has the most moderate weather of any place I know. We raise all the livestock, poultry as do other states. We personally grow peaches, pears, apples, Wash is the apple state. We raise logan berries, boysen berries, straw berries, raspberries, grapes blackberries (4 Kinds) black caps, currants, walnuts, hazelnuts, and the list goes on. Just about any kind of veggie you can mention. No oranges bummer. Whats not to like about Washington. Did I mention the fact that Last year we had a blitz of wonderful people from the thirteen colonies buying country parcels here in the county I live in. Those I personally spoke with said they were amazed with the beauty of the land. Hay

Clarkson, KY

What's not to like about Washington he says...
Got everything he says.....
Grumblemumblejumble....
Not enough to complain about! That's what's wrong with Washington!! lolol.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL!

I know Whitehouse. That's what makes this world great each frog thinks his pond is the best. LOL

My roots are here and they are deep, so here I will stay----unless I win that there Lotto!!!!!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, if we gotta dream eh!! Ribbet! My pond is not so great all the time, but then that is my opinion, but some other frog might love it here!

Every place has its troubles, no place on earth is a total utopia.

It would be so boring to live in a total utopia. Visiting one would be nice thought!

Clarkson, KY

Mine is a total utopia if I squint my eyes reeel hard and cover my ears and nose...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Well cheer up kids, springis coming.. I HOPE!

Doncha just love it when cabin fever got the best of us!

Yep!!! Now if I just could find a magic wand that would work on redoing my garden. Any one tired of the cold and ice is welcome to come south and work in my yard!!!! No bugs or creepy crawlies out right now!!!!!!!!

Ferndale, WA

Wren: Your such a good sport. Can't you fell me pulling on you? LOL Just testing them thar roots. Have you ever visited any of the Northwest states? Just wondering? Anyway all kidding aside, sorry about the pain you have to cope with. I really do appreciate you and your postings. Haystack

Thank you, I have learned to live with it. And looking on the bright side things could be a lot worse. As long as I keep on trying I am ok.

I have never been out past Texas, thought I have been up into the eastern part of Canada. And there are a lot of places in this beautiful country that I would like to set down and take my shoes of for a spell. But Florida is home, and I would always come back here..

Humansville, MO

hey look what i got out of my egg nest
the small one is the smallest egg i every seen
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

Whow! It makes the large one look huge!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

How cute is THAT!!! Details.. we need details!

Humansville, MO

i went to get our egg
and this is what i found in one nest
we got 7 hen and been getting 4 or 5 egg a day
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Elle,

I think that is what is called a witches egg or something like that.. they happen everso often.

My chickens are still on strike. Glad you came up here for a visit...
see you back in the cafe! We are getting more cold and snow.

Oh, my Hubby is ok, his tests came back good, just a little worry, but should be better in the morning. (Lord how I hate hospitals!) We just got back and I am trying to cach up with correspondence.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ellesgh, that is the tiniest egg ever! hehehe Kids can use it for the Barbie play house.

Newton, AL

hope to be able to trade next year.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2009 9:35 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.