Introduction and Question

Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

I've been lurking around this forum for several weeks, and although I'm not new to DG (usually can find me over in plants - hoyas), I am new to this forum...so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Karen, from Central Illinois. I've been quilting over 25 years - I was taught by my DMIL right after my husband and I married. I've been working only part-time for the past several years, so have had more time to indulge my love of quilting. I handquilt my quilts, and have a question for any of you that handquilt. I use a thimble on my hand that holds the needle, but haven't been able to find anything for my "underneath" hand that still allows me to feel the needle come through the fabric. I've tried a couple of things, but end up with thread that doesn't make it all the way through! My poor fingers are like pin cushions! Do any of you have a suggestion of what I can use on my "underneath" hand? Thanks!! Here's a picture of the quilt I am almost finished with - it's a Jelly Roll quilt called Pandora's Box. Thanks again for your help!

Karen

Thumbnail by kabob
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!