December Daily Weather - Tis the Season Part 2

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We've come from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/929100/

All are welcome to join!

Celia – Did you get your tree up?
Kiska – neat picture – looks like the sky is smudged.
Adina – That’s a beautiful sunset!
Kelli – That’s the biggest house I’ve ever seen! I could get lost in it!
Se_eds – That’s what I like about snow – it cleans the air.
Rusty – When are you going to Miami?
Ric – The room looks great! I’m sure your plants will be very happy to overwinter in there! I love big windows – great job!
Adina – Buck is a cutie. He has that “Boss” look.

40.6 °F / 4.8 °C
Clear
Windchill: 41 °F / 5 °C
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 32 °F / 0 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Freeze warning in effect until 8 am EST this morning...

Today
Sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. High 63. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Our coldest part of the morning is just before dawn. The temps have been steadily drropping for the last hour. I'm going to run outside around 7am to see if there is any frost.

Starting with Kiska's Snowy Moose!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Joplin, Missouri (Airport)
Updated: 43 min 19 sec ago
51 °F / 11 °C
Clear
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 38 °F / 3 °C
Wind: 18 mph / 30 km/h / 8.2 m/s from the South
Wind Gust: 30 mph / 48 km/h / 13.4 m/s
Pressure: 29.79 in / 1009 hPa (Falling)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Sharona ~ I went to Miama, OK yesterday and sure it terrible to see that in Picher, OK which it tornado hit...

This message was edited Dec 8, 2008 7:44 AM

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Another one:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Water Tower Picher:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday, Marilyn (marsue)!!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Marsue!

I took pic yesterday.
Here's nice farm with 2 ponies and red barn

Thumbnail by JuJu55
(Zone 3b)

32°F
Isolated snow showers in the afternoon along the mountains. Blowing dust. Highs in the 20s to lower 30s. Northeast wind 15 to 30 mph. Local gusts 40 to 65 mph.
Rise:10:01 AM AKST
Set:3:35 PM AKST
These temps above freezing bring problems~hope it drops back down soon and tightens back up.
Thanks MySharona- did you get more frost?
Birthday wishes to you, marsue.
Loved the hike, kelli~that home on the hill is spectacular.
rusty~quite a scene there with the barn/ponies; so calm.
ric~what a huge change in just a few days. Looks great.
adina~the sky is gorgeous; looking up is where we get all the color for a few months and brings such a joy.
We saw this beautiful wooden pineapple as a base for the table while in Honolulu.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Mau!

Yup! Got the tree up last night. Mine is very plain, though. Lights and a large red bow. Nothing else. Sometimes we put gold and red apples on it. Then we call it our "pine-apple" tree! ☺

Great pics, Rusty.

36°F with 38º for the high today.
Feels like: 32°F

Barometer: 29.8 in
Dewpoint: 28°
Humidity: 75%
Visibility: 6 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: 0 in
Wind: 5 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:39 AM
Sunset: 4:59 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Paperwhite from last year.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

We crossed, Kiska. We both had pineapples on the brain! LOL

(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon!

We woke up to a white winter wonderland this morning ....soooo pretty :-) Unfortunately it won't last, but we'll take it for now. Wish it could just stay like this until Christmas :-) 35°F.

Nice photos everyone!

Sharon- Boo is so regal up there overlooking her kingdom ;-) lol

Adina and Celia - gorgeous sunrises and sunsets! :-)

Kiska - gorgeous photo :-)

Sharon - here's the snow! :-) lol Today around noon.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday Marsue!! :-)

Kiska - that pineapple table is very cool :-)

We're counting the days 'till Christmas ....

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I was away from home most of the week-end so it makes it hard to catch up. You all have some great photos posted and that fudge looks great, Rusty!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. Here's a link to some photos that were taken at my birthday party on Saturday night--given for me by the two young women named Michelle. They gave me the little schnauzer for my birthday. His name is Friday because they found him on the internet on Friday and had him flown in from Texas on Saturday. I've been celebrating my birthday since Friday--thanks to family and good friends! I'm winding it up tonight by attending my DGD's Christmas band concert at the high school.

Here's the link
http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/SusieSBirthdayParty?authkey=bVXumYZHhxE#

and
Here's my little man "Friday"

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Forgot the weather:

Tonight
Rain / Thunder / Wind
Overnight Low 49°F
Precip 70%
Wind: SSE 17 mph
Max. Humidity: 84%
Sunset: 4:56 PM CT
Avg. Low: 32°F
Record Low: 10°F (2006)

Marsue – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Rusty – I thought you meant Miami, FL! That is sad about the tornados. I like the barn and ponies : )
Kiska – That is a beautiful table! No frost this morning. We got down to 35*, but that’s it.
Celia- I like your pine-apple tree LOL! Pretty paperwhite.
Rann – NOW it looks like Christmas! Neat candle! I’ve never seen one like that. Is there a scent?
Marsue – I love little Friday! He’s a cutie! It looks like your had a great time with you friends. I’m glad you were able to have some “down time”.

57.6 °F / 14.2 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 49 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 4400 ft / 1341 m
Scattered Clouds 10000 ft / 3048 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft / 5 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Not as cool. Low 52. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

We've got a little bit of a warm front coming through Tues & Wed then we cool down again.

I walked around the corner and there she was....Boo killed the mat...

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High of 54 today, gloomy, windy and some rain spits occasionally.

Happy Birthday Marsue!!! Love the pic of Friday!! He is super cute!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Well, I've gotten way behind, again. Work just gets in the way of everything fun in life!
Marsue: Happy Birthday! Friday is a cutie! (Scottie? Schnauzer?)
Sharon: LOL. That Boo is fierce!

Froze last night, just barely, but we're in for a week of mild temps, they say. Maybe even 70 by the end of the week. Yay!
Deb

(Zone 7a)

Sharon, why do you have such a dangerous mat in front of your house? Thank goodness Boo was there to help!

Cute Schnauzer, Mau! Friday is a cute name, too.

We got our snow. Flurries off and on all day. About an inch accumulated.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Marilyn Darlin' ....... Happy Birthday!
Firday is PERFECT!

Sharon, Boo has WAY too much time on his paws!

Rann beautiful Shots.
When did you manage to find enough daylight to take two pictures? LOL!

It was 23° when I got up at 5 AM.
So the temps actually rose during the night.
It's now 43° and the snow is gone.
Should be 53° and rainy tomorrow.

I managed to get a couple of non-FPR shots Saturday.
This one is thru the window but came out OK.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Ric: That's a great shot of the squirrel eating the berries! I love it.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Marsue - Friday is soooo cute! Congratulations :-) I bet it'll be great comfort to have him around for company :-)

Ric - GREAT photo of the squirrel! LOL! Well, if you're a quick draw - there's a chance around noon to catch some glimpse of daylight ;-) lol

Sharon - LOL Boo is too funny! :-)

It's 31°F this morning, fairly calm and the snow's still on the ground. Rain and heavy winds predicted for tonight. The girls are hoping the forecast is wrong ... they want the snow to stick around .... lol So do I.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

LOL! Everything is a toy for Boo!
Ric – That is a wonderful picture of the squirrel – you should enter it in next years contest.
Rann - I want the snow to stick for you too!

61.5 °F / 16 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph / 6 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles /

Today
Mostly cloudy and breezy with isolated showers in the morning... then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 72. Southeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

It's downright balmy outside. Will have to run the a/c a little to keep the humidity down otherwise we'll have to deal with the M word (mold - yuck). Cactus getting ready to pop!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! Our church's ladies' Bible study was done for the fall after last Tuesday, so the class I was in decided to have a get-together brunch this morning. One of the ladies invited everyone to her house - and her house is only about a mile away from here, so I suggested everyone drop their kids off at my house to play while the moms chitchat. We're going to make little ornaments and wreaths. If everyone comes (but they won't) and drops off all of their kids (I expect the littlest babies to stay with their mommies), we'll have 16 kids here. Should be fun! ^_^ Originally I was thinking about taking them outside to the back yard part of the time, but it rained last night and there is a 40% chance of rain today, too.

It's nice outside right now, but there is a cold front coming through sometime today. I hope it isn't cold(er) by the time the little bunny gets home from school.. Since it was already 71° this morning, I sent her off in a t-shirt and capris. If the cold front hits before 2:15, she may be a little chilly on the bus. Of course, they do have one of her jackets at school again, so they can bundle her up if they think of it. (And hopefully they would!)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (56 min ago)
Temperature 71 °F 22 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 81%

(Zone 3b)

22°F Sunrise: 10:03 Sunset: 3:35pm - loss of 2minutes16seconds.
Areas of blowing dust in the morning. Otherwise...cloudy with periods of light snow. Little snow accumulation. Highs in the 20s.
Northeast wind 20 to 40 mph
gusts 50 to 70 mph.
Winds diminishing 10 to 20 mph this afternoon
Hope to get back later today; have a great day.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

24°F with 38º for later today. One of my DB's is coming over this morning. Xmas planning going on. Fun times!
Feels like: 24°F

Barometer: 30.4 in ↑
Dewpoint: 19°
Humidity: 75%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: 0 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.12 in
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:40 AM
Sunset: 4:59 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Below freezing, freezing rain, and a thin layer of ice on the ground.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Updated: 9 min 26 sec ago
35 °F / 2 °C
Overcast
Windchill: 24 °F / -4 °C
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 34 °F / 1 °C
Wind: 20 mph / 32 km/h / 8.7 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 24 mph / 39 km/h / 10.8 m/s
Pressure: 29.83 in / 1010 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 1.8 miles / 2.8 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 500 ft / 152 m
(Above Ground Level)

Got rain this early am and I look at my empty plastic trash can was full of rain water so I just dump out and sure it cold and no ice yet... Good went to shopping for my dog's foods... Very chilly now and just raining not much...

Icy with a layer of snow quickly forming. Snow's coming down pretty good.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We only had 6 kids, and they had a great time. I did, too! :-) The chilly front must be on its way here... It's pouring now.

28.9 and snowing.

My dad is trying to get my 4WD going but the new hubs don't fit for some reason so he had to take them back. This makes several pairs we have tried.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Pepper: Careful in that ice!

Kiska: Lovely view today from your deck.

Rann: Hope the girls get their wish. :)

Sharon: Balmy here, too. 70 at the moment, and they say 75 tomorrow. Not expecting overnights to get below 40 again til the weekend. Yay!

Deb

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

GREAT shots, Ric, Rann, Celia, Kiska, Pepper--reminds me of winter--LOL!!

Sharon, it's a good thing you have Boo around for protection. I think my little man Friday is going to prove to be a good "protector", too. So far I have had to put all my plants up off the floor as he has tried to protect me from all of them! LOL--not to mention the throw rugs in the kitchen and baths!

Woo--Marylyn--what were you thinking? 16 kids? Oh, my! It's a good thing only 6 showed up or we would be sending a search party out for you!!--LOL

Current temp 59º and cloudy. It started the day out with rain. Now the rain has stopped and it is just "damp". It will be a much cooler 39º for a high tomorrow. Possible snow flurries in the morning but they aren't supposed to last.

Still cold and snowing. My dad said the roads are clear so I will have no trouble getting out tomorrow. Oh, and the store didn't have my hubs in stock so it will be this weekend now when I hopefully get it worked on.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Updated: 2:53 PM CST on December 09, 2008
31 °F / -1 °C
Overcast
Windchill: 19 °F / -7 °C
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 28 °F / -2 °C
Wind: 20 mph / 32 km/h / 8.7 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 28 mph / 44 km/h / 12.3 m/s
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1013 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 3.0 miles / 4.8 kilometers
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1200 ft / 365 m
Overcast 1700 ft / 518 m
(Above Ground Level

Got icy on my back porch deck now pretty slippery...
Rusty went outside for few second then zoom back inside! lol... Sure Rusty got slippery easy!
I stay home and keep warm now...

(Zone 3b)

The wind continues to howl and doing errands was bitter cold; eye watering, breathtaking cold.
Good to be warm and cozy till later today.
Looks as if winter is in full force around the country.
Highs in the 20s.
Northeast wind 20 to 40 mph
with gusts 50 to 70 mph.
Winds diminishing 10 to 20 mph this afternoon.

Marylyn – Whoa - 16 kids? I almost had a spasm when I read that LOL! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Kiska – Beautiful picture of your deck!
Celia – Did you have fun with your brother? What kind of Christmas plans did you make?
Pepper – Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Maybe your hubs shrunk from the cold LOL! Neat pic of the snow and Cardinals!
Marsue – Your little man is too cute!
Rusty – LOL at Rusty the dog!
Rusty, Pepper, Kiska – Stay warm tonight!

65.7 °F / 18.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 58 °F / 15 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph / 6.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 6000 ft / 1828 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 61. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

27* and we have about 2 in of snow on the ground now. Traffic is bumper to bumper on highways, wrecks everywhere though most are minor, and MODOT says the roads will probably refreeze overnight. Snow is blowing everywhere too due to gusty winds.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Just snow now with wind, too!]

Rusty just check it out for critters and zoom back inside again lol...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
(Zone 7a)

Prissy is so darn cute! I need to give her a HUGE hug one day. Sharon, I did have a good lunch with my brother. He and I think alike (as do all us kids) and it's fun to watch other poeple around us try to figure us out! LOL

Our Christmas plans are this, just plans. Nothing has been decided yet, except, we all are getting whomever we want something instead of drawing names. I have a menu to make out, decide what time and who's bringing what.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

If all 16 kids had shown up, we still would have had fun... but I would be a lot more tired now! LOL As it was, with only 6 kids, everything was very calm for the most part. The 2 boys (ages 5 & 6) entertained each other very well (in other words they made lots of silly noises and a variety of toys flew, fell, and flipped, but nothing broke LOL); the 2 toddlers (both just 2) toddled around the house scattering stuffed animals, balls, and small cars as they went; and the 2 older girls (my 7 year old and a 9 year old) decorated ornaments and watched a movie. Piece of cake. :-) The cats were rather traumatized by the invasion... The 2 toddlers followed them around saying, "Here, meow!" "Kitty tat!!" "Awww... kitty soft." I had the sun room doorway blocked off with a baby gate so they could escape from the poking and prodding when it got to be too much. LOL

It's still 62° out there.. the temp has a lot of falling to do before we get to our expected upper 30s.

Marilyn, Friday is really cute!! It's wonderful that he is already doing such a great job of (ahem) protecting you. :-)

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Updated: 21 min 44 sec ago
28 °F / -2 °C
Light Freezing Rain
Windchill: 16 °F / -9 °C
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 25 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 17 mph / 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 25 mph / 41 km/h / 11.3 m/s
Pressure: 30.07 in / 1018 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 1800 ft / 548 m
(Above Ground Level)

Very chilly here! shivers! Just check see any icy on road yet so not yet! Good!
Oh, few minutes ago, Light Company truck stuck in mud that they check on the wire which is broke or burn it up...So, wires is okay... Good!

This message was edited Dec 9, 2008 7:25 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.