How's the weather?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It's a 4 dog night here. That goes back to an old family joke. We had an old cousin back in the day who had more dogs than sense. His house was just an old shack and if anybody would ask about being cold he said he'd just pull up another dog.

They are calling for 14 degrees here tonight and it feels that cold already. I brought one of my roosters in. He's been sick and the cold was making it lots worse on him. He is from Hawaii and has likely never been in this kind of cold before. Wish I was in Hawaii. It snowed here yesterday. Only about an inch or so but with it so cold it sure makes it miserable. I could live without cold weather but then I'd have to give up life in these beautiful mountains and I wouldn't like that.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
This thread has 81 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!