Scrophularia macrantha.."Redbirds in a Tree"

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm begging now! Sumbody out there has to have plants or seeds to share of "Redbirds in a Tree"...ppuuuuulllleeeezzzzzee.
Please don't suggest I order them from HCG in NM. I ordered 6 different plants from them earlier this year, they were tiny and only one survived.
Peggy

Joshua Tree, CA(Zone 8b)

Big Red, May I ask for the Latin? And then I may be able to locate this for you.
I havent ordered from High Country Gardens yet.
Anything else you ordered from them. Is this also know commonly as Red Bird of Paradise?

Silver Springs, NV(Zone 6b)

Thanks for HCG feedback.
I enjoy browsing in their catalog, but am frustrated by their lack of category index, and haven't ordered from them.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

scrophularia macrantha....I "NEED" this plant for the new drought tolerant garden I'm building.

Silver Springs, NV(Zone 6b)

Closest I came was JLHudson 2001 Ethnobotanical Catalog, which lists scrophularia lanceolata with purple to yellow flowers. Sorry.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! May "have" to break down and order it from HCG.
Peggy

Joshua Tree, CA(Zone 8b)

OK Big Red, Here is a great link. For Penstemaniacs!!!(like me)
http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~awolfe/Penstemon?Penstemon.html Then click on Penstemon .
Given to me by that other Penstemaniac Chooch.
Whom I havent seen hide nor hare of for quite awhile now!!!!
Maybe it will help you in your search.
I dont have that one. I do have some others. I like the one you are speaking of, for the look of the flower too.
Good Luck!

This message was edited Wednesday, Sep 12th 6:05 PM

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Michelle,
Your too late! I'm already a penstemaniac...LOL.
Don't ya just love it when someone infects you with a new "gotta have it" plant disease and disappears into the night.*S*
Peggy

bigred....you have mail

This message was edited Monday, Oct 8th 6:27 AM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Did you ever find them, and have they survived? We planted three a couple years ago and they all died. I don't know if they were too wet, too dry, too hot, or what.

Lindale, TX(Zone 8a)

Anyone with experience with Penstemons in East Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas area?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.