Well....this just stinks!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Saw this news http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2008/12/one_dead_one_critical_in_295_c.html
the other day but the name didn't register with me since I don't know anyone in the town she was from.

Turns out the women that was killed is the wife of a guy my hubby used to work with when we were first married. He had started his own biz and it was just my hubby and him for a while. So we were over their house a lot. Unreal!!! I didn't realize they had moved to PA.

See how short life is??? You just never know.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh boy. How terrible! I'm sorry to hear that. Condolences.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Phooey. I'm so sorry you lost a friend!

Stuff happens. Sorry

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

So sorry Jen, my condolence's to you, your family and your friends.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hugs being sent your way. Jan

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks all.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh Jen that's terrible.... my thoughts & prayers will be with you... hugs

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

You do never know. So sorry Jen. I have been so emotional lately, now I'm tearing up again.

Life really is fleeting. The brother of a mom of one of the kids in my older son's class was stung by bees a few weeks back - only two stings. He did not know he was allergic. He died. Only 49. Retired NYPD with four kids.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's terrible Victor

Yes - makes me nervous being allergic! I rarely take the epi-Pen with me in the garden. I better start.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I had to use the epi pen on my sister 2 father's day ago.... she couldn't do it herself... but I think that was because everyone was around... my sister wanted my niece to do it in case they were alone... she couldn't do it... I ripped it out of her hand and just did what needed to be done.... then everyone was mad at me for being so forceful .... sigh... can't win

I just kept saying... well it's better for me to be mean and do it.... then her dead.... just amazed me I had to justify it

I give myself allergy shots every week... no biggie to me

I would have no problem doing it either. Preferably on someone else.

Craryville, NY

Yikies! So sorry to all who had losses. Just proves the old saying: "Ye know not the hour nor the day". That's why every day I wake up, I think "Today is a good day to die" (translation: it could be any day, live this one as if it is your last). Geez, bees!!!??? Who woulda thunk it! Victor, you BETTER start carrying that Epipen with you!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yes, Victor you better start carrying it around with you.
My goodness Allison..I would have just shrugged and said "I did what had to be done"

We went to Gerri's funeral last night what a project getting there. Both google and mapquest had a step in the directions that wasn't necessary. We were driving around 25 mins looking for a turn that wasn't there. sheesh

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Sorry to hear about that, Jen. Sad news.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.