Info on 'Vice Regal' and 'Chosen' needed

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I have the two historic irises 'Vice Regal' and 'Chosen' and cannot find where I got them from. I have been tryin to get them into the plant files on here but cannot get the verification. please someone look them up...I cannot find these two with a web search.
TY
Deb

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

'Vice Regal ' TB Groff 1941 AIS Checklist 1949

'Chosen ' TB C. White 1936 AIS checklist 1939

From the HIPS website

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much!!!
Deb

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Where did you find that information on the HIPS site? I looked and can't find those two listed anywhere.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

In the data bank that is available to members.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks. Here's another question then. I paid my annual membership, but I still don't know how to log in or how to get to the member area. Does it take them a week or two to get that information to you?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Joan, the checklist is available for an extra 10.00 a year above the regular subscription. Here's where to get it. It does take awhile after you send them a check for you to be allowed to use the checklist.

http://www.irises.org/irischecklist.htm

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I have the AIS subscription to the checklist, but they don't have information on many of the old cultivars, they just list the name. I thought that grannymarsh indicated that HIPS had a database available to members with info on the older ones that AIS doesn't have in theirs. I sent my $10 HIPS membership via paypal, but I've never heard from them how to access that database or the members only website.

As it is now, I can't access the information grannymarsh posted on either the AIS checklist or on the HIPS website.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, I'm sorry Joan. I misunderstood. I'm a member of HIPS, but never accessed that info there, either. I apologize.

Hopefully Grannymarsh will help.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Send an e-mail to Mike U. of that site and he can get you in since he is the admin. D-mail me if you cannot find that email on the public site. They need some fresh voices on their forums. I don't have access to any of the check lists to verify colors, marking,etc.
I've sent my membership $$ to the AIS and have yet to hear from them.
Marsha

Davenport, WA

Hi everyone,

I subscribe to the AIS checklist and I, too, wish it had the pre-1949 list posted. It is my understanding that pre-1949 iris data is being worked on, but I first heard that 2 years ago. It must be a mammoth undertaking for the volunteers. It would be wonderful if data could be added in sections so that each year a portion of pre-1949 data became available.

I belong to HIPS but could not locate the info on 'Chosen' there; I looked in the current photo gallery.

I'm interested in where the info was found at the HIPS site - or was it found on the old HIPS website that ML maintained?

Looking forward to learning something new :-)

Patti

Davenport, WA

http://www.worldiris.com/public_html/Frame_pages/QFix.html

Info on 'Chosen' can be found at this public website (the old HIPS website).

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

It's in the data base, you need to poke around a bit. When I get home I can be more specific with the answer.

Davenport, WA

Hi,

Happy New Year!

I sent in a renewal check to John in early December for the AIS database, but I haven't had access since Jan.1st. I sent him an email on Monday, but haven't heard back yet. I hope he isn't ill.

Did you ever have time to find where the pre-1959 irises are listed in the AIS or HIPS database? I'd really love to know.

Thanks,

Patti

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

It was in the HIPS data bank section, but now I cannot access it
"Page cannot be found" message. Hopefully, it is just a glitch. Some of the other sections were not available today either.
The info was not grouped all together, I had to scan thru the members' inventories to find the two iris in question. It was in the old data base section.

The Excel sheet is something my computer is not able to open.

BTW, within a few days of my Dec 3 post, I started receiving info from the AIS.

Davenport, WA

When the gentleman that was handling the data bank passed away, Mike Unser took on that task as well as the web pages. I don't think Mike has had time to do anything with the data bank so that might explain why you couldn't access it.

Thanks for your explanation!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I just got my renewal and it was from John. It took a long time, and then he lost my info. I would email him again. He had my check for about a month and a half before cashing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.