Where can I get a variegated jade plant?

Canberra, Australia

I have seen a variegated jade plant in NZ but have never been able to get one here. Anybody have an idea about where I could get one? I live in Canberra. Because of import restrictions I can't bring it across the Tasman. A cutting would be fine.

Thumbnail by Robert_Sc
Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Hi Robert,I have seen them for sale at flea markets up here in qld ...they are not uncommon.I also have the larger variegated version.Try your local markets ,garage sales,school/church fetes...they are pretty tough plants although they may be frost tender.cheers

Canberra, Australia

Thanks. I actually just got some on eBay (my first online plant purchase!). It'll have to live indoors.

Cockatoo, Victoria, Australia

Hi Robert, I bought a variagated jade plant from the Flower Power chain of nurseries in Melbourne, but their headquarters are in Sydney, so maybe there is an outlet in Canberra as well?
They are available quite easily in Australia. They are so lovely they are probably sold as soon as they appear in the nurseries
So you have discovered Ebay plants!!! be warned it is ADDICTIVE!! I have got loads of stuff, and local purchases that I can pickup, usually results in some extras thrown in as a gift for what would have been the postage cost. At the moment I am watching plants in Qld. that I would LOVE to buy but not sure if they would survive the Melbourne climate.... still deciding if its worth the cost of taking the risk......
Margaret

This message was edited Dec 2, 2008 9:30 PM

Robert ...good on you ...you got your plant ^_^
Hi Margaret ...I bet you want to know what Judy's larger form is ...I do, Judy excuse my ignorance but what is that? is it like this one but variegated

Thumbnail by

I forgot to say Robert it can stay outside in a sheltered position in the warmer months and go inside when it gets cold.

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Here it is...fell out of the pot as I was shifting it though

Thumbnail by brical1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.