Alignment of moon, Jupiter and Venus

Kannapolis, NC

Just wondering if anyone was out in the freezing weather earlier tonight (like us) gazing through binoculars and trying to take pics of the trio in the sky? Won't align this way again, the papers say, until 2032, long after I'm gone. It was a lovely sight. Check it out tomorrow if you haven't done so tonight. It gets lower in the sky each night, so it won't be visible long.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Saw it tonight at 6:30 sharp. No pictures, I don't have good luck taking pictures of that kind of event. LOL.

Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

I saw them about the same time. Hard to miss being so close to the horizon.

Astrophotography is a science. My husband has spent countless hours and major bucks on equipment to do it on an amateur scale. Unfortunately light polution continues to get worse here and he has all but abandoned the hobby. I can't remember if I have mentioned this here before but here's a link to some of his work. http://www.g-britt.com/page/page/4330436.htm

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

LOL. People always ask why Hilton Head Island doesn't have street lights etc. It's because of light pollution but not many people believe me when I say that. It does make a big difference.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

It sure does. Forturnately we could see it clearly from our back yard. Too cold to take a pic. I was shivering too bad to focus. :)
It was a very cool sight, tho.
Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.