December:

21 - Winter's Solstice
22 - Hanukkah Begins
24 - Christmas Eve
25 - Christmas Day
26 - Boxing Day
29 - Hanukkah Ends
31 - New Year's Eve

Yesterday, Rusty is sit and standing still and his 3rd yrs of snow, so here the pic now and waiting for chase squirrel off the suet for birds...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Humansville, MO

i love that picture
elle

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It's wind chill down to 20*...

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Very cold here too. Ice from Monday is gone tho. I don't know if I would be going outside if it wasn't. One broken wrist is enough. I'm staying in town with Brenda for a few days.Kyle & Holly are taking care of the critters. Brenda & I went out late yesterday & fed & watered all the housepets & got more clothes for me. She did nearly all the work. I'm going to try to go back to work today. I have accident report to turned in today too.

I need to get Brenda to help me get dressed & ready to go. GOD bless & keep each of you.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

EvaMae, did you break your wrist the other day?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Yes, Pepper. I slipped on the edge of a block log stip of ice by the store.

Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

Leaflady - that was an ouch.

Here is what Sarah does all winter.

Thumbnail by SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

We found the Dianthus that is up on the south side of the house in bloom today.

Thumbnail by SusanKC

Hey my old cat Whiskers does that all year long. LOL

EvaMae, hope the wrist doesn't hurt much.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, Here Rusty check it out on critters and zoom back inside quickly so it was raining then now snowing...Icy on my back porch deck that Rusty slippery...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

I went out in this stuff earlier and since I still don't have my 4WD back yet I didn't have alot of traction. The gravel road was the worse but there was still alot of black ice on the pavement and the roads still had alot of snow on them. Wrecks are everywhere and mom said she fishtailed several times coming home, lost traction, and about went off the road several times. Normally this stuff doesn't bother her but she said it is really, really bad out there and it really shook her.

Now an update on my 4WD. My dad tried to put the new ones on today but they wouldn't fit. So he had to take the ones we had back in and order new ones. Those will be in this weekend and we will see if they fit. If they don't I'm going straight to Ford. Have tried several pairs now and none of them have fit. I'm really hoping this is the last pair I have to get now that the bad weather is here andI need the 4WD to get around on back roads.

Humansville, MO

hi all
we are fine
but dave still fighting
broken water line
i have to work every weekend this month
trying to keep warm in this old house
elle

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's what I found in website that would help their holiday cultures calendar around the world:

http://www.earthcalendar.net/_php/lookup.php?mode=date&m=12&d=11&y=2008

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Oer a week with no posts so I thought I should break the silence.

16* in Sedalia no & temps are suppose to drop to below zero by morning. No snow or rain, but where there were very small water puddles earlier in the day there are of patches of ice.

I pray Dave has that water line fixed by now.

Elle, I'm sorry you have to work every weekend this month. That can sometimes mess up family gatherings.

I just got back from one family dinner in Sedalia. Many people in a smallish apt. Could have been worse. One of the girls, her DH & DD have a 3 hour or more drive home yet tonight. Another one, her DH & 4 children stayed the night with her mother,sister & 2 brothers..

I need to get things that will be damaged by the cold temp out of the van.

GOD bless each of you.

It is very cold and icy around here. All the snow melted and refroze into ice so my dad and I were house bound for a day and a half due to that. My mom barely made it out but she made it. A neighbor who works at the same place as my mom had a heck of a time getting out too. She had to drive to Odessa instead of coming our way to get on the highway.

Everyone stay warm and dry in this weather!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the weather warning today:

Statement as of 3:26 AM CST on December 21, 2008

... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon CST today...

A Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon CST today.

Blustery northwest winds combined with temperatures between 5
and 10 degrees above zero will result in bitterly cold wind chill
values this morning. Minimum wind chill values will range from -8 to
-15 degrees... with the coldest wind chill values across the Osage
Plains of southeast Kansas and west central Missouri. Wind chill
values will remain below zero for much of today and tonight.

A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
gloves.

As I was so busy for paint in living room, hallway and all the cabinets done! Phew!...

Cabinets:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

The cabinets look great, Rusty.

It's cold here too. I don't let any of my critters go out except for potty breaks.

Have a blessed and joyous HOLY DAY.

My cats are in too. They go out when they want or when we have to go somewhere.

We still have ice on our road and I almost didn't make it up this one hill next to my house. Didn't think I would have trouble so I didn't bother locking my hubs. Big mistake. lol. I was spinning my tires the whole time but I did make it finally.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Rusty does short potty break then zoom inside quickly...

I just hate it to tow the boat out of my back yard which it got stuck muddy last time so ground is solid frozen so I did tow boat out and I just almost stuck I made it out...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone. Rusty that's a beautiful kitchen, you sure have an eye for color. All my plants are doing well in the basement. The yard is still covered with a white blanket of snow.. it warmed up in the night and now it is raining with promise of more snow this evening. We will have a white Christmas. I couldn't let Christmas come and go without stopping in to wish all a Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year ever.

Humansville, MO

hi all
we are here
it raining right now suppoes to ture into snow
we made it out of the ice weather
most of the animal made it out ok
we lost some rabbit but not as bad as it could be
we are still fighting water
i hope every one is doing ok
bless every one
elle and dave

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm glad to hear you are past the ice, Elle & Dave. We may be getting some realwinter weather by tomorroe but is shouldn't last long. Friday could see 50*!

B, it's good to hear from you.

GOD bless & keep each of you. Have a blessed and joyous HOLY DAY.

Well, it is raining here and we still have ice on our road and driveway. The rain is making it impossible for lightweight vehicles to get around. My dad tried to get out in his Ranger earlier and ended up sliding all over the place and never made it past our big tree. He backed up into the driveway which is also slick and I told him to take my truck. I have my 4WD back now and it has come in handy. He took it and made it up the hill with very little problems.

Glad everyone is doing ok in this weather. It is pretty nasty around here still in areas where the sun can't hit.

Everyone have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas to you too Pepper and to all! Pepper, pray youre gifted a great job with great co-workers and lovely gardens to be soon.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Pepper, I pray you and your family have a blessed and joyous HOLY DAY. I also pray GOD brings you and the job HE has for you together very soon.

Our family day is tomorrow. I still have a lot of work to get done before the first ones arrive about ten in the morning. I'll be using the rotisserie for the first time to cook a chicken and some smoked Polish sausage. I'm hoping the chicken picks up some of the sausage flavor. There will be lots of food as the children are bringing food too.

GOD bless & keep each of you.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

The chicken was so good. Nice & moist. We had a lot of food that went into the freezer. No desserts either.

The weather was so nice I put all the cats and dogs outside for the whole day. The front porch is sweating a lot. But more cold weather is on the way according to the weather persons. What else can we expect at the end of Dec.?

I'm looking forward to spring. By planting season I've been told I should be out of the cast and maybe even having to wear the brace/splint full time. I don't have a large garden planned,but will try to plant some early things like spinach, potatoes, beets & a few turnips. I hope to get some Bright Lights Swiss Chard to grow this year. Of course I want small eggplants, winter squash, tomatoes, garlic(already planted) & asparagus 'beans'.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Happy New Year all. I just found this forum. I am anxiously waiting spring and warm temps. Although right now I would just be happier with more daylight hours. It will all come in good time, I guess.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Kathy, good to hear from you. Please join the family and post often.

Rusty will start a new thread as soon as she realizes it is a new month, Kathy. Be on the watch for a January thread soon.

May your year be filled with blessings and joy.

I went ahead and started a new thread a little while ago. :~)

www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/938729/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.