I have a chair I want built - how much will it cost me??????

San Diego, CA

How much would it cost to have a furniture builder or a carpenter build a chair like this?

Here's what I want done:

>not sure about this yet, but I might prefer to have Alder wood on the inside, though I might leave that up to the builder

>it's going to be 16w 70L 29h

>i'll want the ribs spaced about an inch apart. I'll want it built so that it has a SUPER STRONG SKELETAL SYSTEM

>i'll want him to do the upholstery

>i want the builder to build it so that it's STRONG. So that it could hold someone the size of the Michelin Man should he decide to sit down on it. I want this chair to last a LIFETIME

>when all is said and done the chair should weigh AT LEAST 75lbs. THAT'S A MINUMUM OF 75LBS, NO LESS.

Look at the pictures. How much would a furniture builder/carpenter charge to build a chair like this?

$200?

$400?

$600?

More/less???

Feel free to exercise a little creative muscle by suggesting things that you think I should include in the final design. I'm all ears!

Keep in mind that I want this chair to feature lots and lots of [I]strength[/I].

Thumbnail by Bluesy
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!