Kannapolis, NC

Lily: Type this:

Quoting:
test

don't forget the backslash and spaces.

Angie

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Okay, let's try that all over again:

(quote) Okay, let's try that all over again (/quote)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

OOooops!!!!
Ooppps!!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hummmmm???????

Kannapolis, NC

Lily: Use the brackets, not the parentheses.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

{quote} Lily: Use the brackets, not the parentheses. {/quote}

(Cissy) San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Like this [.quote] hello [./quote]. I used periods between the bracket and the word quote so the quote marks show up for you so see. Just do the same thing WITHOUT the periods.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

hmmmmm....

Quoting:
Hmmmmm

woohohoo! lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yipppie!!!! Did I get it or what? LOL, thanks all for helping me.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

Another test:

Quoting:
hello

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Quoting:
hello

hello jomoncon heehee. I wish other html codes worked here, but only quoting does. There are times what I want to type something underlined or bold, but they don't work here. It would be the same principal. For example, in website writing, you would write something in bold like this: [b] hello [/b]. the b is for bold. Underlining a word would look like this: [u] hello [/u]. But, as you can see, it doesn't work here lol

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Yes it does, you just have to use the correct keys. It's < b> and < /b> without the spaces after the first arrow. Same thing for underlining, use 'u' and for italics use 'i'. Have fun!

Hmm, I tried those things before. Let me try this or this or this
Ha! very good :D

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Hey, what's the crossed-out code? :)

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

test

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

canadians planning their gardens 2009

kooger, that's my favorite. Here's the cross out code: < s> and < /s>. The S is for "strike". Of course, no space between the bracket and the S and no space between the bracket and the /. Try it

Sciciarella, be sure there are no spaces between the outer brackets and the letter for your code. Which look are you trying?

Kannapolis, NC

strike
bold

Hemo, don't ya just love it? :D

Kannapolis, NC

Sis: I love learning anything new at my age! Some old dogs can learn new tricks.

I am 18 err....62, so I really know what you mean! :D

Kannapolis, NC

I've got you by 3 years, so you're still a youngster!

come-a-see, come-a-saw or something like that!! heeheee :D Ya know, these days it's hard to see someone older than me! Remember the days when you were the youngun in a group? If memory serves, I remember it :D LOL

Kannapolis, NC

I remember it well and it seems only yesterday! Where did the time go? How did we get so old so fast?

Hemo, right you are. Where did the time go? ::::looking around and not seeing it::: ;D

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Sis. I was guessing c maybe for cross out but didn't try it. :) Maybe c IS something.? ha ha

LOL Kooger, I tried using c but no dice :D

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Well,it was a good thot... I'm gonna try a few more... lol LOL

Here's some more fun stuff.....using the set of keys on the right side of your keyboard, hold the alt key and hit 1 3 and then let up on alt key and hold it down again to type 1 4.. etc .

Example: hold down at the same time the ALT + keys 1 & 3. When you let go, you will see this: ♪ a music note. Hold down ALT and keys 1 & 4 and you get this: ♫. Try different combination keys while holding down the ALT key closest to the right side keyboard.

♪♫☼► The sun and the arrow like icons were done using ALT plus the 1 & 5 keys and ALT plus the 1 & 6 keys :D.

Kannapolis, NC

♪♫☼►◄↕‼♀

Whee‼

ROFL Hemo! Very good, indeed :D ‼☺↕♦♣♠ Try ALT + any single digit as well.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Yeah, they're fun!

Kannapolis, NC

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○↨.O Yay!

Doesn't take much to have fun for me! Too cool ♣♦♥☻Ö You can also play around with 3 digits as well. This one I use ALT + 2, 3, 2 Φ

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.