Browser problem Vista related?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I'm beyond frustrated with my laptop, so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have two new computers, both Dell, one a desktop and one a laptop, both running windows vista. The desktop works like a charm, but the laptop has a frustrating issue that I can't find any information on to fix it. When I use the browser back button, I lose any data I've typed or entered on the page I was on before hitting the back button.

For instance, after I just typed this, if I hit the back button to look at something, then hit the forward button to come back here to finish typing this, everything I typed would be gone.

It does it in Firefox and IE, so I'm thinking it might be a vista setting. The desktop doesn't have this issue, but I can't figure out what settings are different between the two so I can resolve this and save this stupid laptop's life.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do? I would be eternally grateful, and so would this laptop that I'm ready to pitch out the window. :)

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!