'Jack Frost' called last night...

Yorkshire,

...and left me some beautiful paintings :o)
I have just been walking around the garden and couldn't resist taking some photographs. I thought I'd share them with you all.
Frosty foliage is so pretty.

Terri

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Yorkshire,

A few more painted leaves :o)

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Yorkshire,

This one was really pretty.

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Yorkshire,

Frosted rosebuds always have a kind of sadness about them, but the Abutillon seemed to be loving the challenge.
Anyone else like taking 'frosty' pictures?

Terri

Thumbnail by Terri1948
's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

What about this one?

Thumbnail by Tuinkabouter
Yorkshire,

LOL, he looks cold enough to be 'Jack Frost' himself. Nice one!!

:o)

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Beautiful pictures Terri!

I have pity with your poor pigeon Tuinkabouter!

Haven't had frost yet over here but snow that stayed for a couple of days about a week ago..

Thumbnail by bonitin
Yorkshire,

Thanks Bonitin!
Both yours and Tuinkabouter's pictures made me feel chilly. We had a tiny sprinkling of snow here a few days ago but it disappeared within hours.
I think we could be getting some freezing fog later. I don't like either of them but when both together they are horrid.
This Winter I have noticed that we're getting some severe frosts. Hopefully they will kill off some of the insect pests that have been thriving here and surviving several mild Winters in succession.
Now there's a pleasant thought...no aphids on the Spring growth.
LOL

Terri

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Oh but insect pests feed the birds and other insects, lol. It was only around 3.5C today, yesterday 1.5C, day before it nearly made it up to 0C!!! We haven't had very hard frosts though, the last lot before our recent 'mild' spell it got down to -6C.

Th frost and snow pics are very pretty though! :) It was said to be the coldest November day for 23 years yesterday, but our colder day was a couple of days ago.

I still have some Salvia gesneriifolia in flower, they prefer cool weather but haven't been knocked back that much by the frost. This one was taken on the 16th but there's some now looking as good!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

I have aphids even at this time! They're bothering my newly emerged Geranium malviflorum and my silver leaved Cyclamen coum.
Problem is that their natural predators don't seem to be around any longer :(

Your Salvia gesneriifolia is brave! I specially love these warm colours at this time of the year!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Frost....Snow.....Brrrr

Xmas Tree, Florida style>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Yorkshire,

Dale, the more I look at the Florida style tree the more I like it :o) Today it is very much to my taste.

Jack Frost and I just fell out BIG time. He left ice all over the pavement and hubby slipped on it when he went out this morning to buy his newspaper.
The result was a broken ankle and all morning and part of the afternoon spent at the hospital. I'd just warned him to take extra care because of the ice and 'Wham! down he went!'

Take care on those icy pavements everyone. All it takes is one slip and you're likely to be immobilised for several weeks.

Terri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.