beer fermenting sludge

Hedgesville, WV

my worms love the grain malts,after brewing beer..I was wondering if anyone has feed them the sludge left in the bottom of the fermentation vessel ??

Camanche, IA(Zone 5a)

Wbgv; My worms are only two years old, to young to drink! Also I never made beer before so I don't know what is in the bottom of the fermentation vessel. If I had a small 1/8 cup to try in one spot, to see if they eat it. I would keep an eye on them to see what happens? Wild parties? Passed out in the front room, in front of the TV, all over the floor? maybe a lot of burping and passing gas? Sounds like my dad when I was young and at home. sorry I got carried away! If you don't think it's working out don't give them any more. maybe you might start out with a small amount and build up more over a week. Any way have fun. The party's at your house. Did you call for pizza?
Phil

Lakewood, OH(Zone 6a)

We feed our worms the initial grains from our beer making - they do seem to like them a lot! we also get spent grains from a local brewery and add it to our regular feedings.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.