Red Mason Bee (Osmia rufa)

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Coushatta, LA

Bees are neat because if he wasn't for them we would not have beautiful flowers to look at and enjoy everyday.

So true! Neither would we have much of the food we enjoy!

Coushatta, LA

Thats right their honey is in a lot of food we eat.

What would we do without honey, lol. Besides that they pollinate the flowers which produce plums, apples, apricots etc and many vegetable crops such as beans.

Coushatta, LA

Yes you are right.Bees are very important to us.Without them we wouldn't have anything.I just don't like the little stingers those bugger have.

Coushatta, LA

I hope i didn't make you mad.I what just saying i don't like to get sting by them because i have before and he hurt.

Don't worry, lol, I know what you meant. They don't sting unless they are afraid of being hurt, but it's usually honey bees which will sting if trodden on or annoyed and there are some which are more volatile than others, depending on their origin. Solitary bees such as this have very feeble stings and would only use it in defence.

Coushatta, LA

The only bees i won't want around here are killer bees.They can stay put were they are.

I can understand that! I read that they do tend to be very sensitive and will disappear into the woods at the slightest disturbance.

Coushatta, LA

Yes.So do you collect bugs or just take pictures of them.

I just take pictures of them, nearly all in my garden. I wouldn't like to harm them. :)

Coushatta, LA

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.