HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Here wishing you all a very happy thanksgiving.

That is all you old timers and all the newbe's to Northeast Forum.

John and Liza

Thumbnail by JWLW
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Gobble, gobble, and a Happy Thanksgiving to the both of you, too!

Karen

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and to everyone on this forum.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Happy thanksgiving to all from me and the cats.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks and same to you guys and everyone on the forum. Have a great day!

Everyone have a great one. I am here for the day as Tom Tom is in the oven. Hard part is done.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

So, how did the day go, everyone? All I had to do was make my sweet potato casserole and take it to my aunt's. But, now that I'm home, there's no leftovers! I think I'll go to the store tomorrow and get some turkey, squash, potatoes, etc.!

I watched the parade this morning, but thought it wasn't as good as in the past.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I posted this on another thread, but thought I'd post here, as well, for good measure, in case anyone missed it.

I had a great dinner today with my Dad and some friends at our local country club restaurant. Wonderful meal, and I didn't have to cook. Free, too, just make a food donation to the local food pantry. Would do it again next year. And I'm gonna cook a big turkey dinner on Saturday, as I'm off. Went walking after the dinner, then to a friend's house for dessert, where we chatted for hours. We had great fun today.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here are some pictures from today... please excuse my 1/2 done kitchen / dinning room

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/Thanksgiving2008#

and I have decided to make my own cranberry sauce from now on... rave reviews.. it was real easy to make too

here is the recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alexandra-guarnaschelli/cranberry-sauce-recipe/index.html

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice pics, Allison.

I made homemade cranberry sauce the other day, and everyone loved it. It was even easier than yours. Just cranberries, water and sugar. And so tasty. Yours sounds even better. BTW, what does it mean to "zest" an orange????

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

more or less to take a grater to the orange rind .... stop before you get to the white part... it's real bitter

I used vanilla sugar in it too... always makes everything better then just plain sugar

:)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks! Yum, that sounds great!

Karen

South Hamilton, MA

A great day to all!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

My cranberry sauce recipe uses a whole orange cut into chunks and whizzed in the blender with half the cranberries. I used organic sugar this year and the sauce was cloudy instead of clear - wonder if that was caused by the sugar?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

might be.... it's not refined right?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I always make wholeberry cranberry sauce with half the amount of sugar Ocean Spray wants me to use - keeps forever and I like it!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you all had a great one and didn't overstuff yourselves. We had my sil and hubby and bil and wife. Then fil and wife came over later for dessert, just enough of a crowd for us.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Your husband's siblings and their spouses. When I think of my sil I think of my husband's brother's wife, so my sister-in-law and her hubby would be my brother-in-law and his wife! Or I suppose my sil and her husband, my brother.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Happy belated Thansgiving wishes to everyone!
We just returned from VT. Had a great holiday.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Who's in Vermont, David? Or was it just a vacation? Glad you had a good time!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

My BIL has a big old ski house in Ludlowe. We have had a tradition of all heading up there for Thanksgiving for the last 19 years.

This year was small. Only 18 of us.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

You must have been very lonely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.