A big DG welcome to "Felidon," my wonderful mother-in-law!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Please help me welcome my mother-in-law Felicia to Dave's Garden.

She's an inspiration to me in many ways, and she's built some beautiful gardens! Despite the shade from their beautiful big oak trees, she has a lovely formal rose garden. Her gardening style is serene and rather elegant, unlike my own hodge podge cottage style beds. I wish everyone could take a meditative stroll through her "secret garden" of ferns and hostas.

She and my FIL (Jim, aka "jimidon") have been lurking on DG for a while, reading the articles and looking up an occasional PF entry. I think she's intrigued by the wide variety of forums here and by my stories of all the different discussions as well as all the friends I "know" only online. I hope she'll jump right into some of the threads, and I know you will all make her feel right at home!

Thank you!

^_^

Critter

This 'Yuletide' Camelia was blooming near the entrance to Mom's "secret garden" at about this time last year...

Thumbnail by critterologist
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hello and welcome to daves garden felicia, from upstate new york. you will love this place, but don't believe anything critter tells you about me. i'm innocent of all charges.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome Felicia, I am sure that within days of dropping in on some of the discussion threads that you will feel like you have found long lost friends. Everybody here is very nice and welcoming, so just add your 2 cents to the discussions, and that is the only price of admission. Hope you enjoy Dave's as much as I do.

defoecat (Bonnie)

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Felicia welcome!! I am so glad youa re joining and you will soon find out what a tresure your DDIL is to Dave's Garden!!

Marie :o)

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Wellcome Felicia Daves is a place you can find gardening ideas and friends to talk with. There are a wide variety of characters here. You will be able to tell me in the crowd I am the one who refuses to do womans work unless Linda is around lol but when she is gone off I am the boss lol.So Felica come on in LOL.Ernie

This message was edited Nov 26, 2008 7:10 AM

Thumbnail by eweed
Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Welcome Felicia! You will love it here. So many interesting people and things to read and learn. Have fun!

ves(Vicki)

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Felicia Hope you enjoy this site and the intersting people you will meet.

Cece (Cherie)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome Felicia .... ahhhh, hostas & ferns and Roses.... some of my favorites.

I know that "Daves" can be a bit over whelming to begin with... but soon you will find your favorite forums... Like ..
Hostas http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/hostas/all/
Roses http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/roses/all/

and I am sure there is one for your "Region" too.

and do have Jill show you how to post photos... we love photos of other folks gardens...

Terese

**edit -- typo

This message was edited Nov 26, 2008 9:19 AM

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Felicia, welcome to Dave's Garden.

I am a part of the "Coffee and....." thread and we love to get to know new members. Please don't be shy come and visit, have a cuppa and enjoy the calorie free treats.

Joy

Hi, Dave's Garden Friends,
Actually, I have met some DG friends at Jill's (critterologist's) DG party in her fascinating back yard gardens last summer. There was a plant table where everybody took part in a plant swap.
In Winston-Salem, we are blessed with a moderate climate and a wonderful estate and gardens and greenhouses established some years ago by the widow of RJ Reynolds. It is here I gain much inspiration for my own garden. My husband says that I have the green thumb and he has the strong back. I am also an herb enthusiast and once won the blue ribbon and purple ribbon for my knot shaped herb garden in the county fair. I have used the knot shape for many rectangular spaces that I have on our 1/2 acre lot. Winston-Salem is a beautiful All-American city with many amenities to explore. Come visit us!

Felicia (Felidon)

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Felicia!

Joining in here to welcome you to Dg too. Don't be shy, lots to see and chat about and sure your knowledge will be valuable to all of us.

Welcome to the family!!!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank you all for your responses! Mom loved seeing all the "welcome" posts this morning. I'm sure her note above will be the first of many posts as she finds her way around here. I've added the Rose and Hosta forums to her list of favorites! :-)

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Felicia and Welcome! Your daughter in law is well loved around here, and I'm sure you will be too. We've heard lots of wonderful things about you and your hubby :-)
There's a great, friendly, and informative bunch that hang out in the Rose forum- can't wait to read all about your roses!
Neal

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Felicia, welcome to the garden! Jill is a great person and always ready to offer her advice for problems and questions, we all just love her.

I've been to Winston-Salem, have some friends living near there and got a chance to explore WS a bit when we visited them years ago.
We are hoping to be able to get out and travelling some this next year, if possible. I want to do a grand tour of the southern arboretums and gardens. We used to live near Hagley and Longwood Gardens, and I miss being able to get away and take in magnificent botanical views.

I hope you have a good time on Daves, there are many, many knowledgable and kind folk on here who are willing to help out with anything.
Terri

Hi felicia!
I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the garden. Your DIL is much loved, along with your son. It's nice to have you gardening with us. I'm looking forward to learning about your beautiful herb gardens. :) Have fun, and I hope to see you around.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome...welcome...welcome...any friend of Crit's is an automatic friend of ours. Come on over to "Coffee and...." for a daily dose of what's happening.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Hi Felicia,

Welcome to DG. Sure hope you enjoy it here. I've found it to be a wonderful group of people and your presence will only serve to make it better. Do pop in and join us in Coffee as well as checking out those gardening forums which are of interest to you.

Ann

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Welcome Felicia,
So pleased to meet you!

Arlene

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Welcome from the wild west, Felicia!

Kathleen

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi Felicia..........I'm a "Coffee and........." "mostly regular" poster over there, also on the Weight Loss thread too.

I am the one with the stoopid cows, and I tend to whine sometimes, but you can kick me and tell me to put on my big girl panties and deal with it.

Great bunch of folks on the forums I visit. Hope to see you around. ^_^

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Felicia. I always wished my name was Felicia. It sounds so dainty. On second thought, since I'm not the least bit dainty it probably wouldn't have suited me. An herb knot garden, you are dedicated!! Drop in to Coffee and, and grab a chair. We are quite fond of your talented daughter. Now that you are a member, you can look back on her threads and see if she was talking about you Bwaaahaahaaaa! Oops, sorry Jill, I forgot you were reading this too.

Meezers (Sheila)

P.S. I'm the one with the six siamese cats. Here's some of them.

Thumbnail by meezersfive
Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Welcome to DG - we're so happy you're here !

Dea

Havelock, Canada

A big warm welcome to you Felicia!

So glad you took the plunge and you will never regret it. The wonderful people in here have literally become my life-line and I am so grateful to be able to include your dear daughter-in-law (DDIL) in that group.

You must post some pictures of your garden when you can. It sounds wonderful and very serene. I am pretty much a newbie and I learn by my mistakes. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Someone will provide all the information you need.

Some people are very savvy with their computers. I am not one of those either. But hey. I try really hard and that's what counts.

You must be an exceptional mother-in-law since Jill speaks so highly of you. If you ever want to pop on over to Parking Lot you will encounter some amazing people. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful each and every one of those people are.
One has to experience it for themselves. You will make many wonderful friends and you will probably come to think of them as true friends and not cyber friends. I know their is nothing cyber about the friendships I have made.

Sending big hugs to you.

Elaine and Otis

Thumbnail by Procrastinator
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome, Felicia and welcome, Don; it's nice to have more of Jill's family here! Make yourselves at home!

Renee

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Felicia, welcome to Dave's Garden! Jill has mentioned how she's enjoyed visits to your home. She is so lucky to have such a gracious and talented MIL!

You'll love it here. . .there are so many warm, friendly, talented gardeners here, and I've learned so much in my short time here! I look forward to hearing about your garden, and especially seeing pictures! I need to convince my own mom to move beyond "member" to "subscriber" so she can experience all the wonderful friendships that develop on the forums!

Angie

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Angie, I hope your mom takes that plunge also!

Mom was a little distracted with grandkids this evening :-) but was delighted to hear about the messages piling up on this thread... I know she'll enjoy reading them dring a leisurely moment tomorrow, and I can't tell you how much we appreciate the warm welcome you all are giving her! Thank you.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

BTW, I've seen lots of mentions here about a "Coffee and. . ." thread, and I can't seem to find it. Sounds like a nice place to visit, since I generally have a hot cup in hand as I'm reading! Link, anyone?

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating tomorrow!

This message was edited Nov 27, 2008 1:58 AM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Angie, head over to the Parking Lot forum, and you'll find a new "Coffee and... " thread every day.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Crozet, VA

Welcome Felicia and Don - I will join the others who are telling you what a great daughter in law you have. I've met Jill on a couple of occasions now and had actually planned to visit her during a trip that we took last month, but the plans had to be cancelled due to Blake becoming ill and having an appointment at the same time we were traveling through Maryland. There is always next time though.

I have to agree also with those speaking of Dave's being full of knowledgable people and who most have beautiful hearts. You will come to recognize names and catch on to the sometimes quick rate that some of the forums go.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Ruby

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Welcome, welcome - and Happy Thanksgiving! Jill's one of the wonderful parts of DG - it's great to have more of the family!
Robin

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

:-) Just to clear up any confusion, my DFIL's name is Jim... the "don" is from something else... he signed up as "Jimidon," so Mom (Felicia) signed up as "Felidon." (I tried to tell her people might call her Don by mistake; she said that was fine as long as they didn't call her anything rude, LOL.)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Welcome, Felicia, and Happy Thanksgiving from south Jersey.

This is a 'happening' place. I have found many wonderful people on here. Happy gardening.
Jan

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Felicia! Hope to see you over in the cottage garden Forum.
toofew

Havelock, Canada

Us rude? Never. We would be in hot water big time. Maybe even the poky. Shhh.
The censors are watching LOL

Hugs Elaine and Otis

Golden, MS(Zone 7a)

Hello Felicia. Warm welcomes. Your DIL is a smart and gracious person and I'm going to assume you, too, are. Again, welcome. Lee

(Zone 7a)

Welcome to Dave's Garden, Felicia. I'm stumped on how to add to or improve any of the foregoing appreciation of DG or Jill - I consider myself extremely fortunate to have her and many others here as friend - am looking forward to getting to know you and your gardens.

Karen

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi Felicia! We pestered Jill to remind us of the link to your welcome page :-) I hope you're enjoying your time wandering through Dave's Garden!

Robin

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Felicia,
Welcome. Be careful you'll be trading, trading lurking ,lurking , before you know it.
Robin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.