Can EBS and GPs be used inside the house

Crestview, FL

Folks: I planted 11 imperial artichokes October 23rd, they are now 3 inches tall, time to do something here fast. Can I plant 2 per EB and let them grow in the house? I had called Burpee, and they said as long as they get enough light, which they will (indirect light) from the windows or (indirect light) from the grow lights right? It takes them about 5-9 months to produce fruit. Will they be okay in an EB for 5 - 9 months on just the initial fertilizer put in the mound?
joy112854

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Try it and find out! Make sure they get plenty of light! I have never heard of anyone even trying EBs inside their home except patio as Flip does with one EB. I can not give you any advice on this subject???

Crestview, FL

TPlant: Well, it's 7 artichoke plants now, I think I overdid it a bit with the watering (yeah I know, put the stick down) (chuckles). They are about 3 inches tall, as remember I planted all the seeds October 23rd. I am not taking the artichokes with me to south Florida because I think they will fare better up here. I'm thinking, because they are strong feeders they will probably do better in one of Bob's 5 gallon grow bags with his fertilizer then in the EB; but am going to give it a shot anyways and see what happens will keep everyone posted.

I know come March, I will be either wishing I had more EBs or switching them over to Bob's 5 gallon grow bags. LOL Mike decided he didn't want/like artichokes, and is a lot like you, wants his tomatoes. LOL So; I am bringing him some tomato seeds (Park's Whopper Improved Hybrid), some bell pepper seeds and cuke seeds, that should put a smile right on his face, I'm going to be bringing some peat pellets along too for him to start them in and then he can transfer the startings to Bob's grow bags after that.

joy112854

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.