Those embarrasingly awful pics, Vol. 4

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Vol. 3 ( http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/914376/ ) was getting rather long, so here's vol. 4 starting by being mooned by a Two-barred Crossbill

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

LOL!! I have a lot of those...

another shot of my heron...I think this must of been the model for Big Bird on Sesame Street. I was shocked at how tall it is when it stands straight up!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

There really was a titmouse on this feeder, too. Honest.....

Thumbnail by beclu727

uh hummm...we've all heard that one before...LOL!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

And of course now I'm embarrassed that I spelt "embarrassingly" wrong!!!

Resin

Well you sure did!! LOL

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

No worries Resin b/c nobody would have noticed!

Ruby-crowned Kinglet bum...

Thumbnail by Elphaba

There was a fairly big flock of what ever these are flying over...LOL!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

Oh shucks...it was supposed to be a pic of a bird drinking water...I reclassed it as nature photo..hehehe

Thumbnail by Little_things

It was looking so pretty up in the tree...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Hawk on the side of the highway. even 300mm was not enough.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Great nature photo Little! That's what I do when the butterfly flies away -- it become a flower photo!
Nanny, those seed pods are cool. What are those?
Mrs. Ed, Wow, I can't believe he's hanging out so close to the ground. Don't go running across the highway though!

I have know idea what those are Elphaba...they are all over here on what ever kind of tree it is.

I am so happy the hawks are back out now with the cold weather. I see one almost everyday again!

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm seeing a hawk every day now too, but still no great pics. This Cooper's Hawk is from yesterday. Why, oh why, must they always land so far away?

Thumbnail by Elphaba

I don't get pics everyday.....I just see them...LOL
Mine always are in the wrong direction from the sun, or it is dark & overcast.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Sandhill Cranes.. I was so excited to see them - first time.. as they are migrating through the NW part of Florida this past weekend... but they were soooooooo far away and then the grass was almost as tall as them.. (certainly taller than me) anywho.. here is my "dang that's not a good picture"

Thumbnail by MzMunchken

That IS tall grass! lol...However this pic does pass the "you can tell what it is" test!!

Marlton, NJ

Thats great Mz! Congratulations!

Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

Nanny..your flying birds is still there, as I said before I love martins and swallows and I always try and snap them...in flight, lots of photo's with nice clouds and nature.....They must be some of the most difficult to catch on camera in flight...

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Mz, you're going to be so jealous of tracks! Check out her thread in the Roses forum on the Sandhill Cranes on her porch! I'm insanely jealous of you both! Those are cool birds and I like your pic with the heads sticking out of the grass!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/919156/

This message was edited Nov 27, 2008 4:33 PM

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Y'all must be having a great thanksgiving. I'm glad to hear it or see it as the case may be! It's very cloudy here today, so of course, all the birds are out in record numbers and I can't get a good pic to save my life!

Here is loser pic #1. If only the camera had focused on the bird and not the branches in front of him.

Thumbnail by Elphaba
Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is loser pic #2. The most embarrassing thing about this pic is my overgrown garden. I'm moving that Japanese Maple that the bird is on. I just haven't gotten around to it. Yes, there is a bird in this pic. I think it's an Orange-crowned Warbler, but not sure.

Thumbnail by Elphaba
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I missed the butterfly!!!

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

awww...nice pic of your Butterfly bush tho!!

Marlton, NJ

Whats left of a Red-bellied Woodpecker. :-)

Thumbnail by pelletory

hmmm...okay...

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Nice tail!

double disappointment today…

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

could have been…

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

ouch!!

Marlton, NJ

Another pic of the male and female Red-bellied Woodpeckers having an argument.

Ashame they aren't in focus.

Thumbnail by pelletory
PERTH, Australia

Pelle and Mrs Ed, it doesn't matter about the focus. You've both captured the essence of the action.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I agree.... still great shots

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

That's so true. Even though they are not as clear as they could, those photos are absolutely captivating.

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Today, I saw an American Kestrel for the first time. I must have taken 20 shots, and none of them are even decent. They barely pass the "you can tell what it is" test!

When it was on the telephone wire, the sun would have been behind me, but there were black storm clouds in the southwest blocking the sun. Finally, the sun came out but at that very moment it flew off. I watched it through my binoculars and saw the gorgeous blue wings and the burnt orange tail. It landed on an island and I took more photos but now I was looking into the sun.

At least I finally saw one, but darn it, he was so pretty that I wish I had a picture!

Thumbnail by Elphaba

awww....man that is a shame Elphaba. I really want to see one of those too. They look so beautiful!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

tufted titmouse????

Thumbnail by flowAjen

you bet! Lucky!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice Jen!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.