Final determined blooms....

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

After a couple of lows in the 20's this past week, this is about all that is left of the salvias. 'Lady in Red' & 'Coral Nymph' holdouts!

Thumbnail by PamelaQ
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

It's like losing a long time friend....

from warmer days>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

That is a beautiful picture of your flowers. Yes, and the only consolation I have is the seeds. Do yours all grow back without you having to replant?

Gautier, MS

I think salvia Coral Nymph is so pretty. I feel lucky to still have my salvias blooming and an unexpected hummer visit to feed on them. Here on the iodantha.

This message was edited Dec 3, 2008 3:36 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Dale -- that is a gorgeous image!!

I think i need more salvias.

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh you are lucky to have salvias AND hummers. They are just so pretty.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Some salvia plants are true perennial here. Most are best as annuals, we have many diseases and soil pests. Even the best salvia are short lived since they grow year round.

Salvia farinacea is usually an annual for winter.

These are hybrid S. gregii (I am guessing)>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Hitchin, United Kingdom

Here is an interesting mix for a garden in the UK in late November - an early Narcissus with the flowers of Salvia tubiflora (previously known as oppositiflora).

Thumbnail by jimcrick
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

very nice

Nowra, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi from autumn down under, still mild but cooling off, heaps of flower still on though "Anthony Parker" is past its peak. A nice shot of "Wendys Wish", a buchananii hybrid from Australia.
Gary

Thumbnail by garygardener
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

I like that shot. I'm still waiting for mine to get bigger.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I too like that shot... it shows sunshine!! something i havent seen in a while [too many rainy days]

love the color on Wendys Wish though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.