Is anyone growing all 50 at one time?

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

all 50 what?

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think that would be these?

http://www.dahlias.net/dahwebpg/Gallery/bgtop50.htm

I only grew 6 of them so far.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You know I tried Kidds Climax twice and it wasn't very tuberlifik for me. Very prettiful but I want good tuber production. Happy B-Day todgor. Hope you have a luvly day ^_^

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm slipping - I only have 4.
Not sure if even growers have all 50 at once.

Solon, IA

Interestingly, the Fab 50 changes year to year. It is the list of Blue Ribbon winners at the various dahlia shows each year. I am not allowed to grow the daisy dahlias, singles, orchid, collarette, anemone, and novelty types (management doesn't think they're real dahlias). That said, I currently grow quite a few Fab 50 from years past and about a dozen on the 2007 list.

Thumbnail by dahliadigger
Lyndonville, VT

Isn't there an all time list also, I realize there is a yearly list too. I just thought it would be neat if someone grew them all.

Solon, IA

The 2007 list is made up of 112 different cultivars. The Fab 50 is all the dahlias that won at least 50 blue and higher awards at sanctioned ADS dahlias shows. It would take a big garden to grow them all plus the varieties that each grower has a fondness for.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

There was a dahlia vendor last year that cited "We have most of the Fab 50 varieties" on their website, but I can't find them again now. Either out of business or changed their site, I guess.

Your white bloom is wonderful dahliadigger. What is it?

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Annie, I saw that " most of the fab 50" thing on a page at Mingus. I would say they probably don't list all the 300 varieties they have on the regular list.

Solon, IA

the white bloom is Magic Moment an old favorite. For those who might be interested, you can join the American Dahlia Society and receive the quarterly Bulletin and yearly Classification and Handbook of Dahlias. WWW.DAHLIA.ORG

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well aren't you just too fabby dahliadigger. A dahlianut after my own heart encouraging Dahlia addiction ^_^ I nominate dahliadigger for a position on the Board of Dahliaholics Anonymous. Second?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.