Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Have a gret day jen

Thumbnail by ge1836
Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday from me and the cats.

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday, Jan.

Thumbnail by pirl
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday, Jan.

Thumbnail by Candyce

Have a good one!

Thumbnail by
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday Jan!

Thumbnail by mrsj
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Hope you have a great birthday Jan!

Thumbnail by debi_k
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Jan!! Have a great day and stay warm!

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much everyone. Am staying warm. Currently outside is 39, but inside is about 72. We'd keep it cooler, but mom is always cold.
Got some birthday kisses from a couple of the grands this morning, so I am good for the day.
Your pictures are beautiful!!! I cherish the DG friends I have made since joining in July. Thank you for the laughs, concern-for-each-other, and your wealth of info. My list of wants gets longer everyday. LOL
Jan

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy happy b-day!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy Day, Jan!

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Jan, I'm so glad to get to know you this past year. Hope you had a great day.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh boy almost missed it.... Happy Birthday Jan! Hope you had a great day!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the warm sentiments. I, too, am glad to have gotten to know you.
As I was baby-sitting this afternoon for a little while, the 2 1/2 yr old was in my mom's room and was playing, and as he was leaving told her " I'll be in to check on you in a bit" She got to laughing so hard. That was a joy to hear! Luke is quite the communicator. What a hambone!!
I'll make a lemon cake for dinner tomorrow. It's my favorite. 4 layers with lemon pudding mixed with real whipped cream. Mom always made it for me, so I'll just pretend she did again.
G'nite,
Jan

The cake sounds great, lemon is next best to chocolate. Want to share ? The cake and the recipe!

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I'm a day late, but I hope you enjoyed your birthday. The cake sounds delicious!! Yumm

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

It's a Duncan Hines lemon cake mix, but follow the directions for the pound cake recipe on the side of the box. Instead of water - use orange juice. Put in 2 layers and bake. After it's cool cut each layer in half.
Frosting is : whatever you use for lemon meringue pie Ex: LEM pie filling Cook it up. Let cool. Whip up heavy cream then mix together. I usually don't add anything to cream for this recipe, cuz the lemon pudding is sweet. Then frost all 4 layers and chill in frig.
Enjoy.
I agree. Lemon is next to chlockit ( as the grandkids say)
Thanks for the birthday greetings.
Jan

Thanks Jan, Duncan Hines is the only cake mix I buy and I always use the pound cake recipe for any flavor, and I use applesauce, pumpkin or pureed carrots instead of oil.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I always called it Dunkin' Hineys.

Of course you did!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Deb, the spice cake with applesauce instead of oil!!! YUMMY!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I'll have to try applesauce, too. Sounds great. The cake was a hit. Youngest son and girlfriend came over tonight for dinner and to play cards with my mom.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Sorry I'm so late, Jan! I hope you are continuing to have a great Birthday Month though! All the best in the coming year!

Louise

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I used to use melted butter, but it's been so long I can't remember how it tasted that way!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Sorry to be late Jan, hope your birthday was a great one!

Thumbnail by pollyk
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Jan, sorry I missed your birthday! Happy belated Birthday, and I'm glad it was a good one. I was working all day that day, and I didn't check the NE forum listings till today.

Louise, those caladiums of yours are gorgeous, and so is that iris of yours, Polly.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Wow! Birthday wishes galore. Thank you. This week is full of birthdays. Celebrating 2 today and 1 tomorrow. Whew!!
All your birthday pictures are just beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.