Hibiscus Photos From This Morning

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Here are some Hibiscus photos from around the yard this morning (Sat Nov 22). The first one is Hibiscus "Delta Dawn" making friends with the Echinacea.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Magic Moments"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Rum Runner"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Solar Eclipse"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "High Voltage"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Neon Nova"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Night Runner"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Key Largo"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Royal Court"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Space Oddity"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Nothing really Hibiscus here. It's a first bloom on Daylily "Veins Of Truth"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

And lastly is just a butterfly liking Echinacea "Pink Parasol"

Regards to all,

Jon

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Winter Springs, FL

Those hibiscus flowers are beautiful. Where did you get them from?

Citra, FL

Ahhhhh, I finally got my "fix". I was needing some new pictures here, thanks Jon!

Thanks much Dawn. They were all purchased online from approximately 5 different online retailers. I have rarely seen any of the Hybrid Tropical Hibiscus available at local retailers so buying online has been the easiest way to start/build a collection.

Jon

Winter Springs, FL

Jon. Ok great. Yes I have all the common ones. But would love some like yours. Thanks for the info.

Dawn

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I get most of mine from www.hibiscusplace.com , www.hypnoticblooms.net , and www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com

I know what ya mean ecrane. After I thought about it, all the ones I pictured here came from those 3 online retailers except for Rum Runner (Logees) and Magic Moments (StokesTropicals).

Jon

Here are a couple other ones from today (Sun Nov 23) starting with Hibiscus "Black Dragon"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Envie" with Calibrachoa (Mini Petunias) in the background.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Silver Memories"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

And Hibiscus "Twilight Magic"

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Citra, FL

Beautiful...

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

WOW! Those are all beautiful!

You're welcome Dawn. Another good online retailer is www.exotichibiscus.com. Thanks much for the kind words Kathy and Lilimerci.

Just thought I'd add a few other photos from today (Mon Nov 24) starting with Hibiscus "C N Stars".

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Tahitian Taui".

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Hibiscus "Solar Eclipse" sporting a different look.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

And Hibiscus "Tigerama".

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Winter Springs, FL

Wow!! You sure have a wonerful collection. Just beautiful.

Thanks Dawn. The coloration is even more vivid since we've been having this two week run of cooler/below normal temperatures.

Jon

Citra, FL

I dont think theres a one on here that I dont want.....gorgeous, Jon.

Thanks Kathy, I'm totally loving Hibiscus "Solar Eclipse" the past month or so. It's been blooming like crazy and has had at least five different "looks" in coloration, due to weather/temperature changes in the past few weeks. Hibiscus "Neon Nova"'s colors have been extra extra bright and so sharp lately also. The cultivators name really fits it's bloom colors.

Jon

Citra, FL

I am planning on getting so many of these. I would even start shopping now, but its been so dry with no rain, and none predicted for a good long while yet, and I dont want to have to water so much. So Ill plan on spring. Its going to be a veeery looooong list, Im afraid!

That makes sense Kathy. There are advantages and disadvantages of both now and spring. I think you should just get a couple right now actually. I think they're easier to take care of during the winter. They don't have to be watered as often in the winter. Even though it doesnt rain as much its cooler so they take longer to get dry. In the winter I find myself watering about 1/2 as much as I do in the summer. A good layer of mulch around the plant, but not directly at the base of the plan,t keeps them from drying out super fast. They also bloom much more often during the FL winters compared to our summers. In the summer the blooms are generally open one day. In the winter many of the varieties stay open at least 2 days. I've even had some blooms stay open 4 days!!! Oh well...I feel like a "plant pusher" but just wanted to share some thoughts/ideas on the subject.
Jon

Citra, FL

Oh Jon you are just baaaad.....so bad. Well, in that case I might have to go shopping!!! I wonder if I can keep my shopping list under 100 plants? A shopping I will go...!!!

Go for it Kathy, but just start with a few so you don't overwhelm yourself.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes. That was bad for enabling some of us.... ^_^

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Jon, all are beautiful!

Thanks Cathy. The blooms were so vivid because it was during that 2 week stretch of below normal temperatures. It's amazing how deep the colors get when its cool for a few days.

Jon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.