Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Donated Prizes:
$15.00 cash from Jannich------first place Kivet
$15.00 cash from Nan & plantladylin------2nd place av_ocd_girl
$10.00 cash from lowellsf-----imadigger
Subscription to Gesneriad Hybridizers Assn. from Hillybilly_Gran---2manyplants
AV Goody Supply Box from gessiegail-----3rd dragonfly
10.00 for a 'Biggest Loser' prize from Goldleaf---Dimmer
Stovall _Gardens has donated Plant of winner's choice, valued at $20.-----Donna_11
After the game, the winner and Stovall _Gardens can d-mail each other as to what the person wants.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008 2:09 PM

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008 4:55 PM

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Gail, I see those scissors nearby those new streps. Getting ready to cut some leaves?

^_^

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

3rd call

16.Strep Jessica

http://www.streptocarpus-info.com/tablej.html

Miss Lin,where are you today?The space shuddle thing is going over my house tonight at 5 pm.I hope I can see it!Anyone growing this strep?It's a pretty one

This message was edited Nov 20, 2008 2:57 PM

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

:-(

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

^_^

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

^_^

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

^_^

Wytheville, VA

:-(

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

aaaahhhhaaaa,,,looks like some of the longshots are picking up some speed.LOL.LOL. ^_^

(Zone 1)

Grrrr! %*#%!?*% I typed this long post and lost it! Arrrgh!

I've been in and out of DG today! I have been baking cookies all afternoon! We have a Basketball tournament tomorrow night and a hospitality room for all season ticket holders before the first game. The University food service is serving Italian dinner and I volunteered to bake cookies for dessert! So far I have baked Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk, M & M cookies, Snickerdoodles (cinnamon/sugar) and tonight I am making a batch of Oatmeal Raisin. I ran to the grocery store this afternoon because I ran out of butter ... picked up a couple of packages of English Toffee bits so will make cookies with those too! And, I'm making some Andes mint chocolate cookies. I make and freeze cookies so can do them ahead. Tomorrow I will make some brownies but those are easy cause it's me and Betty Crocker! LOL. Cookies I make from scratch but with brownies I use a mix! I have gone through a lot of flour, sugar, butter and eggs the past two days!

Now ... on to Bingo! Looks like a few of you need just a couple more for Bingo. Most of you are hanging right in there together ... looks like two are in the running for the biggest loser prize! LOL. I bet we will have our first winner tomorrow! Depending on how many calls Jan makes this weekend, it may be Monday before all seven prizes have been claimed!

I thought I had posted a couple of times on the other Bingo thread today but either I'm dreaming or my computer has gremlins! I love that AV Blue Sugar ... such a pretty color! And, I really love Strep Jessica! My youngest nieces name is Jessica and that looks like one she'd love! Like me, she is a pink kinda gal!

Well, back to work, I need to start dinner and then get back to baking! I will check back in later this evening!

Nahunta, GA

plantladylin,
Do you realize how you are tempting tummies? Not nice...not nice at all! You are reminding me of how neglectful I am to my bunch...I do NOT bake them anything, they are lucky to even get treats!! I guess I will have to break down and play Martha Stewart now to make myself feel better...NOT, I have a better idea...how about you just mail me some and I will get the cookie sheet out and make them all think I slaved over the oven all day! I may even get extra Christmas presents for that. LOL...just kidding. I admire your devotion actually, and if I could bake things without turning them into hockey pucks, I would make an effort once in a while.

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Stovall_Gardens, I bet they have a Glade candle that smells like fresh baked cookies. You could really fool them then!

^_^

Sarah

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

whoo hoo Lin,You have been a busy lady,those cookies sound yummy! Snickerdoodles are one of my favorites.I hope those folks appreciate all your hard work!

4th call

9.Episcia Plum Country

http://www.streptocarpus-info.com/Episcia/tablep.html

Nahunta, GA

Hmmm, Sarah, that is a splendid idea!! I could even buy them pre-made and fool them!! I believe you have solved my "I am so lazy even Betty Crocker can't help me" syndrome! Plus I would have a yummy smelling house!! ;p

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

^_^

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Stovall_Gardens: ^_^
4th bingo call for today :(

(Zone 1)

LOL, I'm not real fond of cooking ... do it because we have to eat. But, I do enjoy baking. I used to do a lot more baking than I do nowadays, at one time I was known as the "Cookie Lady" at the college where my DH teaches! I would bake for our Basketball team, Cheerleaders, Pep Band, Fans ... hubby's students! Now, I mostly bake at the holidays but do on occasion bake for the hospitality room for games during the season!

Right now my house smells like cookies and sitting here at the computer in the study there's also a strong fragrance of a Hoya blooming! It smells fantastic!

Ok ... back to the kitchen!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Sounds like heaven! ^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is a baby episcia Plum Country. Her bloom is a yellowish orange! Lin, hasn't someone bingoed by now?

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Whooohooo my unlucky streak is broken.......actually have that one. First one in 8 calls.
Rox

Wytheville, VA

how do you do the happy face?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

^_^

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

You press shift ^_^ then when you send the thread it's a happy face - I just tried it. And now again ^_^

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

type ^ _ ^ without spaces and you get ^_^

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Last call for tonight. ^_^

33.Smithiantha Big Dots Rule

http://www.gesneriads.ca/smithi19.htm

Nahunta, GA

13 down and 2 to go!!^_^

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I am on your heels Laura ;)

Wytheville, VA

BINGO!!!

Wytheville, VA

^_^

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Fantastic,kivit!!! ^_^
I need 1 and that's probably where everyone else is too.....LOL.I was at 2 this morning.

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hey,hey.We have our first winner.Congrats kivit.As soon as Lin checks your card,you can pick your prize.

Wytheville, VA

Wow! Never won anything before!

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm back from Maryland. Had a great trip, but I didn't get to MAAVS, I was so sad and disapointed about it, but my aunt cancelled and she was the transportation. Just save my $$ for the gessie convention in July. I left my bingo list there, in Maryland, so I had to go look up my dmail to write a copy of my list. Hey!!! I'm so excited I finally got some! Did anyone win any prizes yet?
tish

Wytheville, VA

I will check in the morning! Night all!

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

while I was typing, someone won!
Congrats!
tish

(Zone 1)

CONFIRMED Kivit has BINGO! Congrat's to our first winner! Woo Hoo ... way to go kivit!

(Zone 1)

I just checked everyone's cards and see that a few of you are really close! Better rest up those fingers tonight, and check in here as often as you can tomorrow ... I bet we have at least one more person win a prize tomorrow, maybe more. ^_^ It's always right down to the wire!

Six prizes left to claim!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Congrats to you Kivit - bingo is fun whether you win or not!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.