Newbie with a sore neck

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Yesterday, I completed a mosaic class - 3 classes, a week apart, 2 hours each. I still have at least 4 more hours of work, before compIeting my project, and I'm enjoying the process (& the results) so much! As a complete non-artist, this is much more intricate work than I'm used to doing, and I know I could get hooked on this...

HOWEVER, I have a history of neck problems (disc issues) & can only (realistically) continue with mosaic, if I can set up my workspace properly. I have a slant board at my desk, at work, to minimize looking down, but that obviously won't work with mosaic. I'm honestly not sure if it's the cutting or the laying of the glass or both, that's causing my neck to ache - doesn't start until the next day, but lasts for days. I plan to do less intricate work, at home - ie. am currently doing a glass tray (with many little pieces), but would use mostly tile & plates/pottery broken into larger for home/garden projects.

Has anyone here dealt with similar issues? Any suggestions are welcome...

TIA,

Liz

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!