Small Pumpkin Suggestions?

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I will have room for a couple of pumpkin plants(I think/hope) in my new veggie space next year...8 x 16. I want a small type that would be cute for decorating but good for eating too. Any recommendations? How many pumpkins do you get per plant? I have never grown pumpkins before!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Most of the small pumpkins like Wee-B-Little, Jack-B-Little, Baby Boo, Baby Bear, Apprentice, Hooligan, Little Guy, Gooligan, Bat Wing, etc. are better for decorations than eating. If you want something that is both decorative and good eating, you may want to consider one of the small colorful squash like Harlequin, Festival, Gold Nugget, Carnival, Red Kuri, Sunshine

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

The smallest ones like Jack-Be-Little ought to produce about 10 pumpkins per plant. Ones just a little larger about 5.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Yup, Jack be little, baby boo, Baby bear. I've done Jack and baby boo. These are real pumpkins by the way.

Okay...hmmm may have to pick do I want edible or just cute little pumpkins.

Anybody make pumpkin soup?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

All of them are edible, just not top table quality. Most of them are as good as the common Halloween carving pumpkins.

Which would be considred top table quality then?? I want good stuff! lol

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I planted Triple Treat from Burpee this year. It's a bush pumpkin and it produced approx 3 or 4 per plant. It made great tasting pie and the seeds are hulless-delicious for baking.

Now that sounds like a good one to try.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.