Thanksgiving table settings

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

I wasn't sure where else to put this. :) I'm having the whole family over for Thanksgiving this year (it's my turn). This is only the second time in 14 years.

I don't do a lot of entertaining with my china and crystal. We're more of a backyard BBQ family, lol. Anyway. I have a china cabinet full of china and crystal, so I might as well use them. It's plain white with a gold rim, crystal has a gold rim, flatware is plain silver.
I have gold chargers.

I want to do a centerpiece (cornucopia) with natural and gold accents. Martha Stewart recently stole my idea. :) Anyway, I have nice dining room tables (yes, tables) and I was thinking of going with placemats instead of a tablecloth (since I can't find one I like) and a table runner. I'm having a heckuva time finding something that doesn't look Christmasy once gold is added. IDEALLY, I'd like to find something with a harvest or Autumn leaves theme with some gold threading or accents. It would be a BONUS if I could find a tablecloth to match or coordinate to cover my buffet table. Any ideas?

Has anyone been to Hobby lobby, Michaels. Joanns and perhaps seen some fabric that would fit the bill? I'm fairly adept at sewing and could make it myself. I'd go look myself today, but little man had surgery yesterday and we are home bound for a few days. :)

Michelle

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!