Blessings and wishes to DD Lyn

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I haven't posted on here in a while but thought being quilters some of you might be interested in my project. I did post this on the MidSouth Forum

My daughter Lyn has been diagnosed with Breast cancer. I don't know how many of you know me or have seen my post about her. She is an artist living in Montana. She has just finished an art Show in Maryland and is on her way to Thomasville, Georgia for another show next weekend.

Her surgery is scheduled for Wednesday before Thanksgiving here in Nashville. She is doing well, High Spirits as usual for her. Mom is doing a little better, still wishing it was me instead of her. The MRI didn't show any signs that the Cancer had spread. That was such Good News.

I have decided to make her a quilt for her recovery. I am making a 100 Blessing/Wishes quilt. Here is a copy of a letter that I have sent to family and friends. If any of you would like to join in, with your Blessings, Wishes or fabric squares it would be appreciated.

Dear Family and Friends,

As many of you know, my daughter Lyn St. Clair has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Please keep her in your prayers. She is planning to have Surgery here in Nashville around Thanksgiving.

While we wait for the Surgery I am making a "100 Blessings/Wishes Quilt". Following is a brief description of this tradition.

This is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of fabric. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the Blessings, luck, energy, and good wishes from all the families and friends who contributed the pieces of fabric.

I am inviting you to join in this tradition by sending one 9”x 9” square of Pink 100% cotton fabric. The fabric can be print or solid, Lyn loves Hot Pink. Along with the fabric send a note for Lyn with a "blessing or wish" for her recovery that I can put in a scrapbook. The note should be one-sided and have a small sample of your fabric attached. The wish can be a Bible Verse, a Simple Statement, a Favorite Poem, a Song Lyric, a Drawing or just something that speaks to Lyn from your heart.

Each member of your family can send a wish to Lyn and a piece of fabric if they want.

I imagine her being covered by all those Blessings and good wishes as she recovers.

If you want to participate, just sent your fabric square and wishes/blessings to me. I have already started the quilt and hope to be finished soon after her surgery. If you want to participate but not send the fabric you can just send her a note.

If you have questions or would just like to get in touch with us, please Dmail.

I will send you my address if you want to participate.

Love to you all,

Betty

Thumbnail by picabo
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!