can anyone identify this bush

Woodstock, GA

Hello everyone.

I am trying to decide on privacy trees / hedges for my yard and saw this one. Can anyone identify it?

Thanks, in advance

Thumbnail by sflowers
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Have you got any close up of the leaves, branches, etc?

Woodstock, GA

unfortunately, no

Going by the sole picture, the only thing I can see is the shape and habit, I would guess Chinese privet (ligustrum sinense).

You could post the same picture in the Plant and Tree Identification forum where a lot of experts could weigh in.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Can you get a close up of the foledge? The general shape is familier, but would be afraid to guess.
Mike

Woodstock, GA

Here is closeup, over in the plant id forem - they think it is burning bush - anyone agree?

Thumbnail by sflowers

Yep, burning bush (euonymus alata). Beautiful red leaves in late fall.

Here is my burning bush 3 weeks ago with Japanese Beetle damage.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Definetly burning bush,winged euonymus, And there was another name in witch I can't remember.In the original pic that was my guess, but didn't think the shrub could grow that large.Beautiful speciman.
Mike

There are supposed to be dwarf varieties but I wonder about those as well. I've seen BB at Callaway Gardens that are easily 8 to 10 foot tall and equally wide. No telling how old they were though. A mass planting looks stunning when they turn color but they should be in full sun for best color. Under heavy shade they may not turn at all or very little.

Woodstock, GA

how do i mark this as solved?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.