CLOSED: Wanted: Job's Tears seeds

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I am on a mission to try growing these again. I received some as a gift in one of the swaps and planted them and they grew big and tall but never bloomed or made seeds. Of course now they are dead because of the cold weather.

The only place I have found them is Hirt's which after reading the Garden Watchdog, don't feel I would order from.

Anyone have any of these they would trade with me or sase me since I don't know if I have anything anyone would want. Heck I would even purchase them from you. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Hi Susan,

I have them for you, if you like! What do you have to trade?

As I'm not in the USA, SASE won't work for me.....

Please send me d-mail if you're interested!

Hi! I currently have a bid in on ebay for 100 seeds from Hawaii. LOL

Let's see if I get those. If I don't, I will check back with you.

Susan
=^..^=

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I might have some you can have. Let me look and see where they are...

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Maybe you can dig them up and save the roots until spring. They are perennials where I lived in zone 7a. I left all my seeds at home when I came to this zone. They are fairly easy to grow so once you get the seeds they should take off next spring. I did grow mine in a pot one year and then left it outside and they came back in that the next year also.
Maybe check the hardiness zone for them, they might still be saved.

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

lilimerci I would like some if you have them. I can send you a sase?

Let me look later tonight. Please send me Dmail, it will help me remember. Thanks!

If I win this ebay thing, I will have 100 of these. I will be happy to share with anyone else too.

=^..^=

i am sorry but can not find the seeds to save my life. I am sure I haven't given them away. I'll keep looking.

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

The fastest way to find something is to quit looking for it. Don't let it stress you or I will have to stress out over causing you stress and then we will all be stressed out and that is just no fun at all. Thanks for trying.

the voice of experience? LOL

That is the story of my life. at least once a day I have a big search for something and can't find it.

Big big time waster.

Susan
=^..^=

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Susan - I still have some...do you want some more??

Not yet, I have bid on 200 and it goes off Thursday evening. Then I will have enough for everyone. LOL

I also cut off the tops of what I have and brought the very root bound pot into the garage. What's one more thing in the garage. If the roots live through the winter, maybe I can take the whole thing out of the pot and get an axe and 'divide' them out and plant them in the ground.

Of course if I have 200 seeds, I can start a whole field of the things.

Susan
=^..^=

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Chantell, if you have enough to spare, I would love some.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Kathy - I'd be happy to send you some...please dmail me with your information.
Susan - you are too funny!!! Ok..if the auction doesn't pan out...just pop me off a dmail...I don't have 200 but I have enough to share...LOL

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks, you have dmail

Portland, OR

I have a trade or two of these. If you don't have a trade, I am more than willing to send some off in a SASE. Just send me a dmail.
Ann

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Let me know Susan how it goes tonight...still have some for you if needed.

I got 'em!!! 200 seeds for $4.95 free shipping. That's $.02475 apiece. LOL

Said he was mailing them tomorrow. Soooooo, if anyone wants some they can send me a sase and I will be happy to share.

Susan
=^..^=

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.