13 14

(Zone 1)

%!#*%

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Lin,
Such language.LOL

(Zone 1)

LOL,

I want to be able to use the cutsie little characters like hearts, musical notes etc. but I don't seem to be able to get it to work on my Macintosh computers! And, I don't ever, ever use that %@#*% type of language out loud! ^_^

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I came over to look at this thread to see if I can do any of them.I'll have to try from home. ^_^

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

() It isn't working for me either

This message was edited Nov 14, 2008 1:03 PM

(Zone 1)

I googled to try and find some info for doing the cute little characters on a Mac computer but didn't find much help!

(Zone 1)

(0220)

(Zone 1)

()@@))

(Zone 1)

I can see why Dave gave us this TEST thread ... but it sure is testing my patience!%@ I can't seem to get it to work any which way I try! Going to go google some more to see if I can find tips for Mac people!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

(0220)

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I am a PC ;) and it doesn't work for me either--If I hold the alt down-- it types nothing.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I found a link for some characters here--but not the music or hearts darn it I thought I copied it-- brb
http://www.natural-innovations.com/wa/doc-charset.html

This message was edited Nov 14, 2008 1:56 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My alt key just makes a ping noise.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

YaY!! for this you type (without spaces) & hearts ;

found it here
http://www.degraeve.com/reference/specialcharacters.php

This message was edited Nov 14, 2008 1:58 PM

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

lol!! I forgot to say, Lin....after you type '0220' - release the ALT button, THEN type the ) sorry!

(Zone 1)

I don't have an alt key, just the shift key, nothing seems to work. I think it has something to do with it being a Macintosh.

)@@)

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

html should be the same for both-- did you try the & hearts ; ?

(Zone 1)

()

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Lin,

Quoting:
I don't have an alt key, just the shift key, nothing seems to work. I think it has something to do with it being a Macintosh.

On a MacIntosh the Alt key is on the option key which is next to the Apple key. Maybe that will work!
You just gave me an excuse to test the quote feature. It took me forever to figure it out yet it's so simple. So hopefully your efforts will prove to be simple too (once it's figured out!!) Good Luck
Jessica

(Zone 1)

LOL, Jessica ... Thank You.

A big Duh ... I'm old and blonde, need I say more?

Ok ... Testing:

0220 £ ¡£ ¡¢

(Zone 1)

£

(Zone 1)

Ok, I did press the alt key but still nothing is working.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Now you've got me trying the smiley! But on some other threads it says it doesn't work on a laptop which I am using (I don't have a number pad on the side). So if you are using a laptop that might be the problem!

(Zone 1)

The Smiley is something Dave set up for us to use here on DG. It works anywhere here on this site, in any forum/thread. It shouldn't make a difference if you are using a desktop computer or laptop. I'm on my laptop now and the smiley works fine. ^_^

I still can't figure out why I can't do all the other cute characters using the alt key. I've tried with both the desktop machine (without using the side number pad) as well as the laptop and still no luck!

£

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Use the html codes, Lin-- my alt key doesn't work either-- these characters without spaces-- & # 9 7 7 4 ; will make this ☮

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

☮ ;

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cool!

(Zone 1)

I found something while googling called "Twitter Keys" ... I am able to copy and paste the heart but I've tried to copy and past other little cuties and no luck. I guess I just need to play around with it a bit!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

for the heart type without spaces: & hearts ; ♥ you can do the other card suits the same way ♠

(Zone 1)

Ok ... another big Duh! from this blonde. I found a place on my menu bar for special characters!
♥ ♥ ♥✤✂
☺☀❀☆✈

No cutsie musical notes and not a lot of choices but there are a few good ones!

(Zone 1)

¶˙´å®†ß this is what I get when holding the alt key and typing &hearts

This message was edited Nov 16, 2008 1:33 PM

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

&hearts &diamonds

That's amazing! I've never tried these!

This message was edited Nov 16, 2008 2:00 PM

This message was edited Nov 16, 2008 2:01 PM

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Didn't work with the diamonds so I'll try again
&spades
&diamonds

Still can't make diamonds work but the spades did!

This message was edited Nov 16, 2008 2:04 PM

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

so how do you do Daves smiley's? I've always wondered how they did that ;o)

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

don't use the alt key Lin.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2008 1:25 PM

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

went to the site on the link for diamonds it is & diams ; ♦

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

daves smiley type without spaces: ^ _ ^ and you should get a smiley-- it will not show up on a preview ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.