summers over!!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I thought maybe a new thread for yaking-Zander doesnt want summer to be over!!!! me either!!!!

Today is gloomy-grey clouds and rainy but rather warm for this time of year 52 right now!!
Sure wish the sun was out!
I know the weather man said the cold and *S* are on the way.
Opening day of deer season tomorrow. I know deann has a houseful of hunters.

I have gotten some new houseplants off daves marketplace-just what i needed!
But heck they were so pretty-tropical hibiscus(several kinds)some with buds :) and a
variegated vitex as a bonus!!!

I have been cleaning like a mad woman here-closets and the boys rooms(closets next week)
Im so sick of all the stuff we save and for what!! I wish all the older boys could take all their stuff.
I have tons of GI-Joes and Ninja Turtles and Wrestling Dudes and all their gear-29yrs worth at least!!

I plan on making lots of modge podge stuff this year and will take it to the farmers market come spring
this next year i plan on trying to sell alot of these plants and any thing else that may sell. I have tons
of seeds to start this spring also, I will try to get them going early this year in the greenhouse..

Thumbnail by notmartha
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I hear you notmartha!!1 We went thru and really cleaned house a couple of years ago. Boy what a difference. Salvation Army was really glad to see us coming;)
we just did itagian not to long ago. Boy I didnt even think all the stuff was going to fit in the Jeep! Thats fun. Well I put up my Christmas Village today. Looks really cute. I have so many pieces now that I had to put in two different places. You know why not get it out and enjoy it for a while right? Im going to Birch Run on a bus trip tommorow. With a bunch of people. My mom, two daughters, and sister-in-law. So that will be fun. A whole bus full. Ladies mostly I think. Gabbing all day Im sure. Christmas shopping for me. Oh yeah, Brenda today I cooked a pork and beef roast in the oven! Man did it ever smell great. Some mashed up potatoes, gravy. I am so full. Ah comfort food. Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

yup tomarrow is the big day for hunters the little mister is at DEER CAMP as we speak I worked all day then went to fish fry at the Eagles Club with family we go every Friday night came home and got the jammies on sounds bad but I love having the house to my self once in a while I,m going to go see my brother from Maryland tomarrow morning hes only here for a day or so his mother -in-law had a stroke and its not good theres no hope of recovery then I think I'll just puttsie around the house
have a good night
Gloria;0)

Port Sanilac, MI

DH is out in the rain and cold trying to put food on the table! I'm here warm and dry typing to my friends. roflol

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

BRRRRRR what a difference in temps already this morning!!
My DH is warming up the shop truck to take back to work and get his truck-he had
to work in Detroit yesterday. I have to go to the post office and mail out these
daylily seed orders. think i will be ready when he gets back and hop in a
nice warm truck!!! Looks like a inside day for me-to cold!!
I have a Christmas village(said i wasnt going to drag it out this yr)that keeps growing too
Im not puttin any decorations up till after thanksgiving-I need the space for family and dinner.
I will be cooking the meal again and my 4 sons(out of 5)be here to celebrate! Teig will still
be in warm VEGAS waiting for his son to arrive this Dec. Grandson #4 almost here-his name as last I
knew will be Kayle Caden. cant wait to see him!!

I made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup-homemade noodles and its yummy!!!
also made a bowl of chicken salad(like tuna salad) that should hold us for a few days!!
No hunters here! but good luck to all those that do hunt! Good luck to the deer too-trying to be fair! lol

stay warm

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Good morning all... Only 30* here with a wind chill of 18*...We got snow yesterday, but turned to sleet again last night, and washed it all away...

Regretfully, we will not be making our move to MI untill late spring or early summer now...However I am moving closer to my job Thanksgiving weekend...A very close friend has 2 houses on 12 acres and 1 is empty, so we will be there for over the winter...It will help the both of us out....I have been busy packing up, and I am taking a load down today...Wall hangings and a tub of orchids, and my porch swing, and bistro set...few other small things that are hard to pack, and usually go in my car...
I had sure hoped to not have to be driving for work again this winter, but it is just not to be...I will have a weeks vacation after February, so I will save it to come up and get a house in the spring...

Have a great day everyone, and try to stay warm...

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Its snowing here right now and its cold out I hope all the hunters dressed warm
Dusty glad you found a home for the winter I hate moving we have been here for23 years it would be a mess to pack up all this but maybe I'd finaly get aroun to tossing a few ( lot) of things that I have no reason to keep ;0)
Gloria

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Dusty,
I'm so sorry the house thing didn't work out here yet...But have faith spring
is a much better time to look around and find exactly what you want and need!
The snow has started to fall...Dori I'm feeling your pain....we just have to keep
thinking Spring, Spring, Spring.....and take lots of vitamin D ;o)....it's not hard
to start feeling S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder)....and it IS really sad!
My Son turns 20 next Sunday....I can hardly beleive it....my mind says 25 still
but my aching bones say "help me, help me"...

Stay warm and cozy everyone ;o)

Happy what ever it is your doing today!

Delane

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone.

The hunters are out here in Au Gres. I've heard some gunshots and saw a number of dead deer on top of people's cars and trucks. My son has been watching in his deer blind but so far only sees does. He doesn't have a doe license. Hubby doesn't hunt.

Our furnace went out yesterday. Hubby and son and friend tried fixing it. They replaced the glo bar and some other component. Nada. I called every heating company in the book I think...........at least a dozen. Everyone was out hunting. :) I finally got one company to come out late in the day. All he did was flip some stupid relay switch and it came on. That will be $205 dollars. YIKES. Oh well. I was just happy to have heat again. We do have electric space heaters but wouldn't want to run them at night when I'm sleeping for fear of fire. The repairman said all the parts my husband replaced were still good so now we have spares. ha ha ha.....They weren't cheap either. Oh well.

Had the granddaughter this weekend and we had a blast. She has always had a fascination for pine cones. We went out and gathered more pine cones and I let her help me decorate a fake wreath I bought at Walmart for $2. It actually came out really nice and we put a red bow on it and wired it to the gate. She was so proud of it. She's at the age where she wants to hear the same story book over and over and over and over again. :) I know Dr. Seuss book by heart now. :)

We have a little more to do on the fence. I had to buy a few more red bows and garland. We're going out to do that now. Weather is cloudy and windy and C-O-L-D. It got down to 31 last night I think.

Have a great rest of the weekend and stay warm!

Brenda

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh boy I wemt to Birch Run outlets on sat. We also went to Bronners. Any one ever been there? It only Christmas items, Huge. But Birch Run is huge if you like to shop there is were you should go. I was so tired. We took a bus that was wonderful we didn't have to worry about driving. We played game son the bus watched a couple of movies and gabbed. But I got lots of Christmas shopping done. Happy dance. Still have no idea what to get my Army son. He is in Iraq now. But really doing very well. He really like to the Army quit a lot. He wants to reinlist. Three more years. He will probably be coming home in Dec for two weeks. Do not know when yet. But can not wait to hug him. He is so brave. They all are over there. can you imagine? Going to a forign (sp) land and living for a year or more? I hope he never has to go to Afganastan!!!! Yeowwww. He drives a Heavy Equipment Transportation unit. He is with the 233rd TC.. We love to send him little care packages with his favorite snack and magazines in them. He appreciates it very much. I sent him some Peanut Butter cups. He reminded me that he is in the desert (they were all melted) But he put them in the fridge and ate them any way. He even shared a few. He says the d-fac is the bomb. Great food all the time!!! Favorite time of day Im sure. Well have a great week everyone, Ronna

Almont, MI

Five of us did a girls day at Birch Run Saturday. Never again on that weekend. Waaayyy too many people. We normally close it up when we go but we left at 3:00.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey all you mall shoppers out there. How are the prices at the stores? Are there really big sales yet? I'm glad to hear people are out shopping. The economy could use the boost. I shop on the internet mostly and won't be buying much this year. I did stock up on some garden chemicals at the ACE in Standish on Saturday because everything in the store was 20% off. I bought Milorganite to broadcast in my flower beds to deter animals. I bought Liquid Fence concentrate for same reason. I also got some potting soil and seed starting mixture along with organic tomato and vegetable fertilizer. I forget what else but I thought 20% off was a good price on that stuff. It has all went up so much that I thought I'd buy ahead. I'm all set for next garden season.

My extra grow light bulbs came by Fed-X this morning. I only needed two but bought six. My unit holds 12 four foot bulbs. They are not cheap at $10 a piece. I'll keep the spares put up for when they go out. Who knows if I'll be able to get them again the way things are going.

The sun is in and out of the clouds today. Wish it would stay out and help warm up the house. It went down to 27 last night here. Winter is here for sure. Not sure how long it takes the ground to freeze up.

Have a great day everyone.

Brenda

Port Sanilac, MI

Yes, now that everything has been killed off, we are impatiently waiting for the ground to freeze up also. We need to get the gardens put to bed before we get a snow cover..

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

We still have some flowers blooming..I do not know why...some short pink snapdragons on the deck in a pot..they are so cute..sticking their heads out of the snow..lol...crazy things..don't they know their time is up..lol...Sun is in and out here..too...brrr cold though...37 now...smiles..Diana

Port Sanilac, MI

Our weather radio just blasted out a winter storm warning for tonight; several inches per hour. Yikes! There goes my thoughts about mulching before snow.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Boy, krn... You are right about the crows at Birch Run!!! Oh my. It was way to busy for my tastes also. But I had to stay we were on a bus trip. Still had fun but way to tired. Yes Brenda there were some awsome deals there if you looked. We got a store guide some store had an extra 25 % to 40% off. I got an awsome Columbia coat 180. retail with the discounts I ended up paying 69.00! Im very happy. We got other deals also. It was deer hunters widow weekend. I am almost done with my shopping now. I cut way down also. I have no mre small children. Well have fun in the snow, becareful on the roads. Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

BRRRRRRRRRRRR
snow flurries off and on all day yesterday=all we have here is a trace of snow
looks like the cold is here to stay!!
I see the Thumb schools have 2hr delays this morning, they must have got some snow!!

I havent shopped at birch run in ages-to many stores,to many people and no plant sales! ;)
i havent started christmas shopping and im in NO hurry!!! lol
I keep telling the kids we are cutting back this year but they done believe me.....HO HO HO!!!

keep warm & safe

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I went to B.R. a couple of weeks ago my first time alls I can say is HOLY COW long day ;0)
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ARE U FROZEN YET?
the windchill(hate that word)is 16 here and its cold
Woke up to a small ground covering-the roadway n driveways have the most it looks like
The winds are howling here and im still in my PJ's!!!

I went to town last night with dh and about froze then-ask if it was spring yet and he said:
It will be here soon-i think he is getting old and forgetful-I know michigan winters last 4ever
for us gardeners!

I did get a new phone and some rope lights that i may put in the boys rooms
guess i need a warm shower and warm clothes from the dryer and i can start my day!

hope everyone is warm!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

We woke up this morning in AuGres to white ground. It's our first real snowfall. You can still see the grass through it but it's mostly white. :) It's just beautiful. It is cold though. Last night we got down to 18 but by morning we were up to 27. Not sure where we're at right now. The hunters will be happy for the little bit of snow I'm sure.

I'm an armchair shopper mostly. I order a lot online and from Ebay. I do some real shopping at Walmart because it's the only place around here to shop. I am not a big fan of driving an hour or more to shop. I think in the long run I save a lot of money. I order online what I need or want and don't get sidetracked by all those "other" items staring you in the face when you walk into a store. :) I've never been a big shopper and never went to malls if I could help it.

Beward of buying gift certificates. There are thousands of stores going out of business after the holidays and your certificates may not be valid. You can always put cash in a card. I "think" it will still be good after Christmas. :)

We're heading to Tawas this afternoon for mom's doctor appointment. I'll probably dash into Walmart for a few groceries while we're there.

Stay warm everyone!!

Brenda

Good Morning Ladies....Not much better weather over here either...It is 27* here now, but was down to 17* at 2am...
I have a day off today, so I am using it to pack up most of my kitchen so I can get it moved down to the new house, and put away...Houseplants can go too...Lots to do yet, but at least I can do it in parts... LOL

Stay warm!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Dusty,

I'm glad you're moving closer to your job. It will be better not to have a long drive in the winter. Having to move twice sucks though. I hate moving. The only good thing is you get to clean out all your drawers and closets. :)

If there are things you won't need right away you can just leave them packed for the move to Michigan next spring. I hope you have good moving weather this weekend.

You stay warm too!!

Brenda

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Is everyone ready for some more of that white stuff? I heard we're supposed to get a "measureable amount" of snow today..............2-3 inches and a inch or two tonight.

We're heading out to get my snow tires put on my van and then over to the hardware store to buy more icy melt. Got the snow shovels by the doors and the tractor fueled up to do the clearing on the drive.

I may make my last "run" to the grocery store to pick up a few more items for Thanksgiving dinner.

How is everyone doing? Are your turkeys in the refrigerator thawing? I'm trying one of those turkey breasts by Jenny-O that goes from freezer to oven. I hope it's good. Walmart had yams for .33 a pound and I'd sure like to get some more of those while they're on sale.

Stay warm everyone and come in and chat and let us know what you are doing.

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its snowing to beat the band-arrived early
be back in a bit

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Well it started here....light rain, drizzle effects slush to huge giganto flakes...
and now it just looks wet out, no sign of snow was ever here??? LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we have at least 3 right now and its still snowing they say maybe 6total
its beautiful!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Messy, rainy, slushy. Those are the words to sum up the weather. The roads are not to bad. Just sluggy. I am so greatful that I live a mile from work. They keep M-89 plowed very nicely. Hope everyone is staying safe. Are we gearing up for Thanksgiving. I am, can not wait for the fixings. It was gloomy and gray on my birhtday last Saturday also. But it usually is. November birthdays are the pits most of the time. My son will be home from Iraq for two weeks in December!!!! Can hardly wait to hug him....:) He says the weather is awsome there now doesn't really want the snow!! Well hope you all have a great day. Ronna

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Snow on the ground, but none on the roads today (yesterday there was and it was very slippery!) The gloominess is really getting to me. I need sun ....and bad. When we have day after day of gray skies..I just want to crawl in a hole.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Ronna,

How did we miss having a birthday topic for you? I am so sorry. I want to wish you a happy belated birthday. I hope it was a good one. I know you are excited about your son coming home from Iraq in a couple weeks. Be sure to hug him from all of us too and thank him for his service. I'm betting he won't mind the snow at all just to be home with his family.

We have about three inches of snow on the ground. It looks so beautiful. Everything is white and glistening. It would be nice if the sun would come out for a bit. It is cloudy.

I'm cleaning the house today. Tomorrow I'll start making some of the dishes for Thanksgiving ahead of time.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

Brenda

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Happy Belated Birthday Ronna....
Sorry we missed it...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Happy Belated Birthday Ronna hope it was wonderful-besides the gloomy skies!!!
gloomy here today and i understand how depressing it is!!
we got around 4in but its melting today :( i wanted to take pics but think i will wait till the next pretty snow!
I went for a ride last night to see what it was like and we found a guy in the ditch just around the corner
He had called for a wrecker but had no idea what road he was on or where he was. we told him and then finished our ride
i have been working on a spreadsheet of my daylilies,hope to do all the other plants i want to get a paper file for
hosta,coral bells,roses,lilies,iris and more!! First the dl's becuz it is the most detailed one im doing

im babysitting gs again today and tomorrow then i will have all my boys here(except Teig)and the 2 grandbabies
for thanksgiving dinner!! its always a great time-lots of laughter
hope everyone is warm and cozy

oh ya i ordered some clematis for next spring from the kio guy(got some last year and they all grew)
NEED THE LINK???

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Happy belated birthday, Ronna. I hope your Special day was SPECIAL!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks everyone! Anyone going shopping early on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?? Im going on Thursday morning. With my baby daughter (shes twenty now). We will have fun Im sure. Everyone be safe and have fun with family and friends!!! Good left overs!!!Yummy. Wear some stretchy pants!! LOL. Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

happy belated b-day Ronna so sorry I missed it ;0( hope it was a good one

Yes Dorie I would love the link!!!!!
have a great day

Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is the clematis link
http://koigardenclub.com/Clematis.htm
No shopping for me-i dont think!
my dh may go out to best buy-but they camp in tents 3am
I did all my beanie and furby camping years ago-never again!

i have a bunch to do today for dinner tomorrow!
everyone have fun!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Wishing you safe travels and full tummy's ^_^

Blessings~
Delane

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

HOLY COW are we getting hammered with snow and i can hear the winds!
pictures tomorrow!!!! lets do picz!!!

i have been on my own mini vacation the past few days-will catch up in the morning!

nitey noodleZ

Thumbnail by notmartha

Dori...it is all over here. Started out wild, but the storm went pfft in a matter of hours. We do have a heavy layer of snow ..and it looks pretty. They are saying we are in for a doozey on Thurs....already saying there will be school closings.

Good Morning Ladies...36* and a spit of rain here...Should have already turned to snow...It poured rain all day yesterday...I just went out and started my work van, and there was slush on the windshield and a stray flake floating down here and there, so maybe it is on its way...

It has been a wild an wooley week here with the move last weekend and trying to get unpacked and settled and work all week too...I still have lots to do, but I am gaining on it...

I hope you all have a wonderful day...stay warm, and be careful if you have to venture out...

Dusty

Snow day here!! First of the year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.