Getting rid of smoke smell

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

I had a rhubarb pie incident the other day. I had some leftover filling and I put it in a glass measuring cup and planned on zapping it for 60 seconds. Instead, I put 60 minutes and walked away. I came back about 6 minutes later and black smoke was literally pouring out of my microwave and was 3 feet thick from the ceiling down (my micro is mounted above the stove). I took the charred remains outside where the stuff continued to belch black smoke for a good 10 minutes (in 30 deg temps).

I opened my windows and doors, put fans in the windows and ventilated the kitchen. The problem is, I can still smell smoke, quite strongly when I walk in the kitchen. It's not in the rest of the house. I have wood floors, so carpet isn't holding the smell. I've taken
down my curtains and washed them and they don't smell anymore.

What else can I do???

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!