CLOSED: Plant / Seed Identifying Markers for Trade or SASE

Houston, TX(Zone 8b)

Does anyone need seed/plant markers? I bought some plastic mini-blinds at the Big Lots so I could make some seed/plant identifying markers, now I have a truckload of miniblinds left over. I will even pre-cut them for you. If you want any, tell me how many (I am sure I have hundreds!). Send a SASE to me, and I'll send it back with as many as you want. I will also trade seeds. I'm not particular - anything that will grow in zone 8b.

I've already written on the ones in the photo, but I will send you blank ones. Just a fine tip sharpie marker will do the trick for writing on them.

Thanks,
greenbud

Houston, TX(Zone 8b)

It appears that the photo did not attach properly. Here it is....

Thumbnail by greenbud
Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Were the blinds just purchased recently? I was using old mini blinds until someone warned that the old ones (I can't remember the cutoff date,but just a few years ago) contained lead. If they are the new kind I would be interested.

Houston, TX(Zone 8b)

I just bought them a few weeks ago. Of course, anything that comes from Big Lots could potentially contain lead (lol), but I don't think they do. They're just your standard white plastic mini-blinds.

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

It has been illegal for US manufacturers to use lead as a stabilizer in plastics for about 25 years. But items (such as mini blinds & electrical cords ) imported from Mexico or Asia often continued to have lead added. In 1996, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, issued a warning & since that time there is not supposed to be any of the old kind on the market. That is long enough ago that I would assume even Big Lots would not still be selling them. You don't happen to still have a package you could check, do you? It is usually clearly labeled as lead free on the front of the box.

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

I could use a lot of them! Please have a look at my have list to see if there are interesting things for you on it to trade for.
If not I can send you money for postage.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I would love some, lots of them. Please look to see if you would like anything on my tradelist, otherwise I can send postage.

Houston, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow, I've received a LOT of requests for these things. I with all the requests, I can get rid of ALL of them. Let me count up how many I have, take a look at what would be a good amount to send for trade, and I will reply to everyone who has expressed an interest.

Thanks for helping me get rid of these things! I really appreciate it. I'll reply ASAP!

Thanks,
greenbud

Houston, TX(Zone 8b)

I have verified that the mini-blinds are lead-free. I went back to the Big Lots tonight and checked the package. So they should be environmentally safe.

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanks! That's reassuring. I was using my old ones, but I stopped because I wasn't sure which ones were still pre-1996 & which had been replaced. Please look to see if you would like anything on my tradelist. Are you sure you don't want to hold on to the markers for the future?

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 11:44 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 8b)

I have hundreds of these things! I am keeping a bunch for myself, but I have plenty to share. I will look at your trade list and reply ASAP.

Thanks,
Jessica

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.