Weaning is finished!!

Laporte, CO(Zone 4b)

I had an 'awwww' moment this evening with Athena- and I just had to share. I put everyone else in the paddock for the night, and since they had been out for about a week in the same pasture where Athena has been in the round pen, and Trouble was paying no attention to her, I figured it was ok to get them all together again. Athena and Trouble have been separated for over 6 weeks and I think all is going to be well.
(If anyone thinks that is not long enough- speak up- they won't be together until tomorrow am, and I have no problem changing the plan)
But anyway- I fed everyone, put hay in the barn aisle for Athena, then went up to the round pen to let her out. I opened the gate towards me, she went out calmly, and I proceeded to leisurely latch the gate shut behind her- of course assuming she would wander down to the barn and I would just follow behind.
I turned around and there she was- standing right next to me, patiently waiting for me to walk down with her. It was really cute. What a sweetie!
It was just one of those moments- you know?

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!