Nothing's going on here, where are y'all

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey. I know we are all busy doing our fall chores, but I keep coming to daves to procrastinate and nothings going on in the Georgia thread. Doesn't anyone have anything new to stir things up?

Here's a cool photo I took in NH on a leaf peep last October.

Any other cool fall photos. Anything people?

This isn't a thread where your comment has to be "relevant" or you'll get your hand slapped. Even a photo of your yard looking crappy right now is better than the same old dead threads we've got going here in Georgia. We're starting to look boring. ^_^

Thumbnail by 3gardeners
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, what do you mean nothing's happening? We had a great RU at Becky's last Saturday. You should have left the leaves fall and joined us.

Here's a picture off the deck at Maypop.
Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

I have tomatillos and rose campion.

Peppers and eggplants have not been frosted.

Zinnias are still here too, but they are going down for the count.

Don't slap my hand, but this was the yard last week before the stone went up on the new chimney. We had to cross fence to keep the dogs from eating the masons. lol
Laurel

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

I didn't get planted all the things I bought this spring. There's no way I could come home with another plant! Besides, it's year-end at our business and I've been there just about every day for 3 weeks - including weekends. Hope y'all had a great time! And for some reason, I kept glancing over that thinking it was a revived old thread. Brain's fried from looking at too many numbers.

I love stone work... of any kind. Is the chimney completed?

I had about 6 rose campion plants for 5 years. I never bloomed and the plants stayed exactly the same through summer and winter. You'd have thought they were fake. Finally most of them dried up and died. I've still got a couple left. Just taking up space. Such a nothing plant for me and so beautiful in other people's yard when blooming.

Work does come first, so I understand your not making the RU. Maybe next time? There were several people there who did not need new plants and many people who had wonderful plants to share. So, twist my arm.

The chimney is complete. Though I designed it inside and out, I have not seen the final product. The cap was not on when I left (nothing fancy, but it is stainless) and the exterior was wrapped in blue tarps. DH and I mounted the mantel the night the masons left. It looks great on the corbels I designed and DH made. DH went up last night and came back today. He said it looks great. I will be up within the week and post photos. We have just learned that we will have to have a custom glass screen made because of the hearth opening. Bummer.

What a mess.
Laurel

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

We're all busy planting all the plants we got at the RU! ^_^

Even Tuliplady went home with some plants!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.