CLOSED: Have: Packets of Wildflower/Butterfly Mixes

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

I have three packets of mixed flowers and I'm not really a mixed flower gal. I was going to start them in flats and separate out the different types as they came up but before I did that I thought I'd see if anyone was looking for flower mixes.

I would love to trade for any non-hybrid of any species contained in the packs, but if you've been wanting to try a 'wildflower' mix and don't have anything to trade that's of course not a problem either.

The mixes are:
North American Mix for Natural Landscapes - 350 mg - 2008
Contains: Yarrow, Alyssum, Calendula, Bachelor Button, Wallflower, Coreopsis, Cosmos, Sweet William, Gypsophila elegans, Scarlet flax, Blue flax, Evening primrose, Black-Eyed Susan, Catchfly, Mexican Hat

Burpee Wildflower Perennial Mixture - 1.5 g - 2007
Contains: Achillea, Aster, Chrysanthemum, Coreopsis, Dianthus, Gaillardia, Liatris, Linum, Lupinus, Lychnis, Oenothera, Ratibida, Rudbeckia

Burpee's Butterfly Mix - 200 mg - 2007
Contains less than 5% of: Achillea millefolium, Agrostemma gracilis, Alecea rosea, Carthamus tinctorius, Centaurea moschata, Cheiranthus cheiri, Chrysanthemum carinaturm, Convolvulus tricolor, Coreopsis basalis, Coreopsis lanceolata, Cosmidium burridgeanum, Cosmos bipinatus, Dianthus barbatus, Dianthus superbus, Dracocephalum moldavica, Ecinacea purpurea, Iberis umbellata, Leonurus sibiricus, Linaria reticulara, Lobularia maritima, Malope trifida, Malva sylvestris, Nepeta cataria, Nicotiana x sanderae, Nicotina sylvestris, Nolana paradoxa, Phacelia congesta, Phlox drummondii, Reseda odorata, Rudbeckia hirta, Salvia horminum, Scabiosa atropurpurea, Tagetes erecta, Tagetes patula, Trifolium incarnatum, Traopaeolum minus, Venidium hirta, Viola x williamsiana

~Amanda

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Amanda - I would mind these... if you dont get any other offers.

Too bad I didnt know about these when i sent the MG's

Is there anything in my HAVES that might strike your fancy?

Terese

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Hello Terese,

If you'd like them, they're all yours. I'm sure they're very beautiful mixes, but mixes just don't at all fit into my current garden design. I can of course send them to you either way, but if you happened to have any seeds available, I would absolutely love to try the Verbena stricta.

~Amanda

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Amanda -- fully thing about that.

I'd been trying to ID it since last year.

I got some seeds in trade in 2007, that said "verbena/vervain"
and me being so new to this seed stuff... I didnt realize how general that was.

Last year was only foliage, if i recall correctly
this year it bloomed, and was very unique .... I just ID"ed it yesterday or the day before.
So, yesterday while out with the pooch, i noticed that there was 1 lil stalk left that may have some seeds.
Brought that in .... shook/rattled it in a jar, and low and behold... there were some seeds.

so -- yes, you may have some. It is a very pretty wild flower.
here is the link to where i have a photo http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=5783386

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh goodness, that is funny - great detective work on the ID and perfect timing too ;) The flowers in that photo are absolutely gorgeous!

Definitely make sure to keep enough seeds that you can grow as many as you want next season, but if you have a few to spare that would be fabulous. I'll get the wildflower mixes packed up and heading your way. Thanks so much.

~Amanda

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

teehee... found 2 more tiny branches this morning... and i was surprised how many seeds came out... so i'm fine, plus to give some away.

Uggg, i should get moving to get them out today... luckily i have a later pickup/delivery time.

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Fantastic! Wonderful find. I'm glad to hear that there were more seeds hiding out there. I really look forward to trying this species - it looks like a real beauty. Thank you very much for collecting the seeds.

~Amanda

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Ah... guess we never Dmailed on this... if we did, i can't find it.

but got the seeds today... Thanks again.

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Oops, missed this one - no, I guess there was no D-Mailing on this one but thank you very much for letting me know that they arrived and I hope they grow very well for you. The Verbena stricta seeds have arrived as well - can't wait to try this lovely species! Thanks again for sending them.

~Amanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.