Logees open house - November 8 and 9

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

I went to Logees today for the open house. You get a free plant (they say to the first 50, but gave out more), all begonias (all that I left at least) in 2.5" pots are $5, and there are a number of plants on sale for $5 or $10. There are also tours of the off limit greenhouses and a talk by Byron Martin.
You get $1 Logees bucks for very $15 you spend, but they have to be redeemed in the retail store before Jan 31, 2009. I loaded up the car, went back in with the bucks (which can be used for 50% of the purchase price) and bought more plants.
Hours and other information is on their website.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I do wish I lived closer....someday i'll get to go there!!!

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Its a weird place in an odd location. Don't live that far from it and never heard of Logees until reading what posters here said. Figured it was on the line of other nurseries. Quite a surprise when I dropped in one day. Not exactly a place for novices who stroll in looking for "a plant" for their home or yard.

Sounds like a place I would end up in. Speaking of wierd things. Last night I dreamed I had some kind of plant growing out the side of my knee. It was green and looked something like seaweed. I didnt dare to pick it right off but finally did. It left about an inch of the trunk on. Water dripped out of it... Good Gosh I am a nut case.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sherrie..not a dream, nightmare! lol

It was green... They say when you dream in color it is a phrophacy ? sp Now back to bed....

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Waaaaaaa i wanna go!

Stay in bed. Dont get up at 3:30. At least when you have a nightmare you know your sleeping!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It is a very strange nursery, had to squeeze my way thru some of the aisles and I'm not a big girl.

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

I went on a private tour with a group a few years back and it was great. I'm not big into tropicals and houseplants and such, but the guide (owner) was very knowledgable and we all had a great time. And considering it was January, it was a beautiful day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.